Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1400 seams like alot but there is alot of fabrication involved with hand making an upper and lower radiator welding them together, hand making an oil cooler welding that together, buying all the oil fittings and lines ($250), oil cooler core($200), radiator core($180), after welding everything together there is custom fitting to motorcycle then making radiatior hoses and aluminium tubing welding that together. leak checking everything. and more!!!

There is alot of work making these there well worth it .

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
1400 seams like alot but there is alot of fabrication involved with hand making an upper and lower radiator welding them together, hand making an oil cooler welding that together, buying all the oil fittings and lines ($250), oil cooler core($200), radiator core($180), after welding everything together there is custom fitting to motorcycle then making radiatior hoses and aluminium tubing welding that together. leak checking everything. and more!!!

There is alot of work making these there well worth it .
+1 these look well worth the price and nicely made!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
WOW! Hey mfurick, those look BEAUTIFUL!

Are they going to work with OEM fairings?

Hey mfurick, I am trying to wrap my head around this, so Please Let me ask you this, Also:> Trying to knock the price down alittle for all of us; Do we really need to ditch Our "OEM Oil Coolers", why can't we just relocate our OEM unit? OR... Is this really worth while doing, Over the OEM Oil Cooler?
How much for the Front Mounts & everything to relocate the OEM cooler Oil cooler?

PLUS: I/We can't forget:> We also have another source making these right now as we speak, with which I am expecting to hear from him this week... When I asked him about the project approx. 5 days ago, His reply to me 2 days ago was: He said he was sorry for not getting some info. up about these sooner, as it is taking Him alittle longer then expected, because He's been doing alot of traveling here lately and We ALL know him here Member\Vendor.;)

·
rc racer D.O.G. Ind
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When it comes to the front mounts and the oil cooler I never tried to relocate it I might have looked at it a couple years ago and thought it would be easier and better just to make a oil cooler just for the front mounts see the oil cooler and lines are designed for maximum cooling and most compact meaning most bang for the buck. I'm willing to come down on price if I had a group buy like if three people got together I would make each set for 1260 or if one is to just want the rads and no cooler it would be 1050for just the rads and you worry about the cooler I'm also working on a set to totally mimic the hrc but that is difficult because of the stepped bottom core. When you look at the price of hrc rads , one thinks holy &$&@ that's slot of money but in reality it's alot of work making them . And even worse when you get them all welded together they don't leak between the tubes.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I've got to ask. Where do you get your cores. I'm not interested in getting into the bike parts business, I just want to make a set for myself.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Oil cooler only?

Mike, any chance at looking at doing just an oil cooler mounted on the left side via the OEM location. Been wanting to do this the last couple years over the winter. Doing this with modified/fabricated OEM fittings on the sump over to braided oil lines.
Just thought I'd ask and was going to call you anyways on this.

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
I can defiantly recommend his work!! Good stuff! Worth every penny!:rockon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts