Speedzilla Forums banner

201 - 220 of 239 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I suggest using the contact form on the thermaecooling website. JB should receive that email.

WW
Thanks WW.

There are more sets in production now, I should pick them up in approx 1 month's time and they should be ready to ship late April. I will post here when they're good to go.

Those interested can PM me here or email: [email protected]

Jimmy

·
Registered
825 Posts
Thermae SPAL 4" Mounts

There is room behind the lower rad for 1 or 2 SPAL 4" puller fans. I can supply mounts for these separately @ $15 a pair.

They're very simple - it's necessary to enlarge 4 x holes in the core to allow zip ties to pass through, the mounts and the fan are secured by these - the mounts ensure the zip ties do not damage the tubes in the core.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Jimmy, SWEET JOB! :cool:

I Would love to have a set!

How many kits did you put together?

Peace Jeff

PS. IF I was you or whoever buys this kit, I would use (Transmission Cooler Spike Locks) instead of the Zip ties in this case... ;)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love the work and the improvements. Excellent stuff. There will be a long term demand for this imo.

I see your pics with it on stock bodywork. SP2? Any mods needed? (other than losing the v cowl I presume)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Love the work and the improvements. Excellent stuff. There will be a long term demand for this imo.

I see your pics with it on stock bodywork. SP2? Any mods needed? (other than losing the v cowl I presume)
On an SP2 no other mods are needed. Though yes, you need to remove the v-cowl (or cut it down) and relocate the horn but that's about it. On SP1's with stock exhaust headers and stock fairings the install is trickier and it may be necessary to slightly trim one of the posts that support the v-cowl also.

Overall though the kit integrates nicely with a street bike.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I would use (Transmission Cooler Spike Locks) instead of the Zip ties in this case... ;)
Jeff I first used the spike locks SPAL supply to secure the fans and over time this damaged the radiator core. I wasn't that surprised, SPAL themselves warn this may happen. The fan mounts we came up with look a little funky but so far have worked really well. With this design the fan itself becomes a stressed member rather than just a dead weight. Regular nylon zip ties work well but you could use s/s ones also.

Thanks for the compliments!

JB

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
There is room behind the lower rad for 1 or 2 SPAL 4" puller fans. I can supply mounts for these separately @ $15 a pair.

They're very simple - it's necessary to enlarge 4 x holes in the core to allow zip ties to pass through, the mounts and the fan are secured by these - the mounts ensure the zip ties do not damage the tubes in the core.

Boy, it almost seems that if you reversed the brackets, and left a little more meat on the 'posts' for lack of a better term that sit out over the core then one could simply bolt the fan to that. Shouldn't be a difficult quick fix to mod the rads made should it. If it is i guess the new owner could always take it to their welder and have the brackets put on and work out how the bolt the fans to that. Thinking the oem bolt clamps on ones current rads would work great.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wooooow awesome!!!

These look great wish I wasn't supporting so many doctors :(:(
This is just what my baby needs. Got a few things for sale and may have a few bucks in a week or two. DO you have any left JB? Sure wol like to make this mod!! GREAT LOOKING WORK!!!!! HOOVY

·
Registered
825 Posts
These look great wish I wasn't supporting so many doctors :(:(
This is just what my baby needs. Got a few things for sale and may have a few bucks in a week or two. DO you have any left JB? Sure wol like to make this mod!! GREAT LOOKING WORK!!!!! HOOVY
'13 was my year for supporting doctors, know what it feels like.

Yes there are some kits left, if you're not in a hurry ROTHMANS will probably be able to take some over to the 'States next month. That way you'd only be up for domestic shipping. I'll let you know.

Jimmy

201 - 220 of 239 Posts