Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just switched to a set of HRC front brake pads for my RC51. After a few weeks of canyon carving, I noticed that the front is much more prone to chatter when I get on the brakes hard. It never used to do that with the stock brake pads, because they did not have the bite these HRC's do. Aside from being easier on the brake lever....How can I lessen this chatter?

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
your rotor COULD be slightly warped....you didn't try and drive off while the disc lock was still on one day, did you? c'mon fess up! just playin'
But I would check the rotor first.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It doesn't chatter all the time, only occasionally under extreme braking. The compression is set at the standard setting of 12 clicks (middle).

I fiddled with the compression today to see if it would make a noticeable difference. For test purposes, I maxed the compression out. The front end dove less and the symptoms dissappeared on smooth pavement. As expected, the ride was hard as a rock. Unfortunately, the front end chatter came on strong on uneven pavement during hard braking.

I'm sure I can find the right settings, its just going to take some time. Or maybe its just time for some Ohlins?:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts