Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not refering to my RC. That bike has been problem free since I bought it new in 03. My friend just bought an 02 GSXR 1000 and the front brakes have a problem. They don't engage gradually. You pull the lever and there is a little pull before they engage, which is normal, but then all of a sudden they just grab as if you squeezed as hard as you possibly could. The lever is not spongy so I'm assuming there is no air in the system. The rear brake works well but has a very, very loud and annoying squeek. I don't know what kind of pads are on the bike and have never used race pads but this seems odd that they would grip that hard. Just a slight pull will seize up the front tire. Any recommendations from the experts? If the front forks are bad could that cause the problem? I'm at a loss as to where to begin.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The pads and fluid are both good. The lever feels fine. It makes sense that the piston is sticking so I guess that will be my starting point.

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
Is this a rolling test or up on a stand? It will lock up a whole lot quicker with no forces working against it. Simple physics.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a rolling test on the street. It seems logical what you're saying about the calipers so I'm gonna clean them tonight. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts