Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys I am buying a set of black Nissin calipers. I want to order a rebuild kit and new pads. anyone have the #'s I need and advise on pads? I am having issues with my stock front brakes all of a sudden. Slight shimmy in right side under hard braking and some noise???? Just wanting to go all black is the reason for the change plus cure the problems. :confused: I would also consider paying someone to rebuild them for me and pay all shipping back and forth too obviously! I am going in the hospital for my bone marrow transplant in a couple weeks so they would be ready in the spring when I get back to install.

THANKS ALL!!!! HOOVY

·
Jenias Member
1,510 Posts
Depends on the type of riding for what pads I would select. For street and occasional trackdays I would use vesrah RJL. Strictly track I would go vesrah SRJL

·
Craft Int Instructor
700 Posts
Are these blk calipers the RC51 stocks painted or some other model??

If they are RC51's I'd use:
stock Honda RC51 pads.. or HRC soft bites if u can find any.

If they are another model I'd say the Vesrah's

I use the OEM Honda pads at the track and they brake well, and are consistant..same with the HRC's except a tad more grippy. :twocents

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stocks Off Of A 600rr

These are from a 600 rr supposed to be the same calipers, direct replacements. Is about all I know. :confused: I have heard the HRC'S are the way to go. SO what's the difference in hard and soft. I only ride the street, spirited mountain roads lots of curves!!:D THANKS HOOVY

1 - 4 of 4 Posts