Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if someone makes front axle sliders? Haven't seen any.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
RG Racing makes some nice ones that are easy to fit. Ive got them on my bike.

http://www.rg-racing.com/browseBike/Honda/VTR1000_SP-1/All_Years_(RC51).aspx
R&G makes excellent products (they do work :rolleyes:) but their customer service is abysmal to say the least. I've tried ordering straight from their site earlier this year and wouldn't accept either of my credit cards because of "technical difficulties". I sent them emails and they didn't answer. A friend of mine in the UK who had business connections with the owner tried contacting him on my behalf and he didn't even reply.
Finally I found an eBay seller carrying the whole range and he sorted things out for me. :notworthy

·
Premium Member
914 Posts

·
Denmark
512 Posts
The left left slider is just pushed into the axle, and this has hold it firm for 20.000km on mine now.
The right side comes with a replacement front axle bolt with a threaded hole in the middle, where you screw the slider onto with a bolt.

Unfortunately I dont have a photo of the left side, but its designed to it sits the same distance from the forks as the right side, even though mounting is different.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
The left left slider is just pushed into the axle, and this has hold it firm for 20.000km on mine now.
The right side comes with a replacement front axle bolt with a threaded hole in the middle, where you screw the slider onto with a bolt.

Unfortunately I dont have a photo of the left side, but its designed to it sits the same distance from the forks as the right side, even though mounting is different.
Thanks phot and info, I would be worried the left slider might come out during a crash.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
If I remember correctly, its smashed about an inch into the axle, so really dont think it will fall out.
I looked at their website but could not find rear sliders which go through the axle for the RC. Do you know if they make them?

·
Denmark
512 Posts
Ive fitted their cotton reels, dont think they make spindle sliders for the RC51.
But you might be able to fit some from another model, maybe the 900RR FireBlade will fit with some modifications - a new bar in the correct length shouldnt be too hard to make.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
Ive fitted their cotton reels, dont think they make spindle sliders for the RC51.
But you might be able to fit some from another model, maybe the 900RR FireBlade will fit with some modifications - a new bar in the correct length shouldnt be too hard to make.
I contacted Untitled Document. They make both front and rear sets. He said $79.00. I still need to find out if that is per axle or for both axles.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I have SuperMotoEngineering and it works great!!! I asked Kris to start this thread to see if enough guys would like the axle slider ..we can try to get a group buy or something.

Untitled Document for the RC works great and even tested by my buddy from Holland:banghead:D perfectly.

All I did was get new sliders(kept everything else) and VOILA!!! good as new.

I highly recommend them..at least over Sato(which I really wanted) but seen a few lowside where they shattered or bent back.

SuperMotoEngineering is made here in the Bay Area and is owned my a SuperMotard racer..thinks he ride a KTM..super mellow cool dude:rockonname Harry.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Tell harry I want a set, and sato or any other brand that is made of delrin will shatter depending on the age of the plastic.:twocents

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Tell harry I want a set, and sato or any other brand that is made of delrin will shatter depending on the age of the plastic.:twocents
They were pretty new but of course we don't know how long it was hanging on the shelf. The Sato seems longer and thinner from SuperMoto axle sliders.

I had the axle sliders for about 5 years before they were crash tested.

It held up VERY WELL:rockon

I will PM Harry to see if he can do a group sale.

ANYONE WANT IN?? LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GIVE HIM A NUMBER.

·
Premium Member
914 Posts
They were pretty new but of course we don't know how long it was hanging on the shelf. The Sato seems longer and thinner from SuperMoto axle sliders.

I had the axle sliders for about 5 years before they were crash tested.

It held up VERY WELL:rockon

I will PM Harry to see if he can do a group sale.

ANYONE WANT IN?? LET ME KNOW SO I CAN GIVE HIM A NUMBER.
I am in for a set of front and rear axle sliders.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts