Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
From Salvage to Road

I bought my 2000 RC in 07 from a salvage dealer in NH...Heres the transformantion from then and now...

The day I brought it home...

Over the winter I really got bit by the RC bug. Its really starting to come around IMO. PC rearsets, Gutted airbox, high mount two bros, PCII, Painted front fender, Removed the hugger, Rad fins, Pazzo knock-off levers, Bladerunner mod, Flapper mod, a new seat cover is on the way, and the maintenance, tires, brake pads, and fork seals.

Next winter...New paint (I little white added to this scheme) Powder Coated wheels instead of rattle can, SP2 swinger in silver, 520 15/42 and whatever else I think I need :D

I'd like to thank all of you guys here, if it weren't for you...this thing wouldn't be where it is today :clapper

*Yes I know, I don't run Pirellie's but that was on the tail when I bought it from a fellow memeber...Just havn't takin it off yet

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looking good! I am thinking about putting the OEM bodywork on my bike tomorrow... It's suppose to be rainy all day, so I might strip off the track bodywork and get her ready for some street riding!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Looks good! hope mine turns out that well. btw what hugger is that, i just bought one identical to it.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys

Looks good! hope mine turns out that well. btw what hugger is that, i just bought one identical to it.
Yeah you def. had your work cut out for you, but your ride is looking tons better already. As for the hugger, Im not sure who makes it. It is fiberglass and it came on the bike when I got it.

Looks good. That fender looks soooo much better in black.
Thanks, I think it looks alot better too, Crazy how one thing can really change the look

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hey did you rattle can paint your pegs or is that powder coated? I like the black... and have been thinking about doing that to mine.

I also like the silver rims... That's my next project too..

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice job with the rebirth bro.

Was this one @ Argo cycles for a while? I saw one similar there a while ago.

Ride safe!
Yeah thats where I got it, they had another one there that was in a little better shape but this one had low miles... 7432 (or so the odometer said)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I added some more bits to my RC a couple weeks ago,

04 swinger, 15/42 520, Penske double, Tyga hugger, and the HRC res kit from Tyga/Glenn

Thanks to Scootergmc, CBR400, Modidy, Rothmans, and Mondial429

What a difference in ride height, I took it off the stand and almost shit when it leaned over on the side stand, I thought it was going to fall over. I wasn't really sure where to put the remote at so I drilled a hole in undertail and zip tied it right behind my exhaust hanger, then zip tied the cable where ever I could

Also with the 15/42 like all of you know, the front is very light. That is going to take a little getting use to, too. I took off a 16/43 530 and it def. was a bit slugish then compared to now.

I did the bladerunner mod over the winter but didn't have the right tubing so it discolored a bit and didnt look as nice. The green tubing I got from Glenn really stands out alot better, plus its right from honda.

The Tyga hugger which you really cant see in the pics is really nice, I did change the way you mount it to the swinger, I just took off the double sided tape and replaced it with velcro. That way I can remove it for easy cleaning. I also did the same with the CF fins

Heres some pics...

Attachments

·
Slightly Unstable
496 Posts
bike has come along way man, looks good. who did you get it from argo cycles? i got a bike from them years ago. it didnt look too bad when i got it, but it turned out to have a bent frame even though there was no visible damage, and by the time i sent that to gmd, and all the other little bits it needed i could have just bought a new bike. not to mention the hassle i had getting a salvage bike titled in ny.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
bike has come along way man, looks good. who did you get it from argo cycles? i got a bike from them years ago. it didnt look too bad when i got it, but it turned out to have a bent frame even though there was no visible damage, and by the time i sent that to gmd, and all the other little bits it needed i could have just bought a new bike. not to mention the hassle i had getting a salvage bike titled in ny.
I can't remember who I delt with at Argo

I bought this bike because I had the cash and it was the one of the only ones I found within a reasonable driving distance...Not a clue about a salvage title, what an RC is worth, or what I was doing!

I paid way to much for it, I have put alot of money in to it...and its not even close to being done...All in all, the money I got in this thing (I added all my paypal transactions up:eek: )...I could have a real nice RC with alot more goodies on it, and WITH a clear title.

But...I'll never sell it, I have learned ALOT about the history of the bike, how to work on the bike (I do everything myself) and most importantly how to respect the sport in general...My girlfriend tells me I have a problem with my bike and speedzilla :wacky

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Just bought an RC from Argo this week (another thread started), man your bike looks killer, where abouts did you have the wheels done?

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I Just bought an RC from Argo this week (another thread started), man your bike looks killer, where abouts did you have the wheels done?
Thanks man! It has been alot of fun building and spending money on this pig. I still have alot I'd like to do but I'm in no hurry.

The wheels I just rattle canned. The rear was already silver when I got it so I just painted the front to match.

This winter I'd like to have them powder coated high gloss black or a silver color again. Or I might just have enough saved up to get new rims!

These oem rims are a pain to try and keep clean.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I was wondering about just painting them as well. hope you don't mind me stealing some of your styling idea's?

i am in no rush to start working on mine, figure it will get me out of the house this winter.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts