Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://216.69.177.125/?AID=2337171&PID=34537

Are these things any good? I ask because my Dry Rider rain suit doesn't fit over my Vanson leather jacket. Specifically, the Dry Rider jacket arms won't fit past the armor in the Vanson forearms/elbows. Unfortunately I found this out on day one of a week-long trip. The Frogg Toggs slip right over the Vanson, but can they take 60 mph winds? They're polypropylene but they feel like a cheap paper product, not all that durable, and with mechanical (melted) seams. Perhaps behind a big BMW fairing they'll handle speed, but what about on a Ducati where your arms are out in the wind?

I ride in the rain maybe 2 or 3 times a year so they might be the ticket. But... has anyone used them for any length of time? I bought the set for $60 and will soon find out. Naturally the minute I had a rain suit with me that fit, the skies cleared and it was dry for the remainder of the trip.

Thanks.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used them in four days of pouring rain, they leaked around the neck a bit but otherwise were perfect. I have since bought a tourmaster suit that fits over my vanson jacket. They did not rip or tear I was on my 999 but my friend was on his speed triple and his also survived..

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Frogg Toggs (DanST4)

Dan, a guy I work with swears by Frogg Toggs. I am about to purchase a set myself, but never thought about the abuse they would take on the Duc. (My buddie rides a BMW...) I figure they have to be better then my old yellow salty dog plastic suit. I was hoping the Frogg Toggs will ball up into my "storage tube" under my Sargant seat.... Long story short, I'm NO real help to your question right now
, but I will let you know if I get stuck in a rain storm, befor you, how they held/hold up.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Frogg Toggs (Dutch900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dutch900 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was hoping the Frogg Toggs will ball up into my "storage tube" under my Sargant seat.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

I think they'll easily fit in that tube. Will they handle the wind? We'll both find out. I've been packing that heavy vinyl Dry Rider sauna suit for years now and it takes up half a freakin' saddlebag. I also picked up the Frogg Togg boot covers, and a pair of Seal Skinz waterproof gloves. Now it will never rain again...

Thanks for the comments.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts