Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Freddie Spencer Racing School? (Milhouse)

I recently attended the 3 day Race school - amazing!

Worth the money but recognize that you may be sitting next to actual factory riders who really are professionals. The quality of the instructors (and students) is very high. After I got home from the class the next Roadracing World had pictures that included 2 people I met there & another who was noted in an article...

I have taken all 4 of the Keith Code classes in the past but the Freddie Spencer school is at an entirely different level.

I will take Freddie's class again next year....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Freddie Spencer Racing School? (hank)

If I had the coin I would do it.

My friend went a couple of years ago and sat next to Nicky Hayden on the bus from the hotel to the track and at lunch the one day.

He had a blast and even though he hates Honda's he was talking about buying a F4i to race when he got home.

To bad that they didn't do that at a better track.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
freddy is well worth it

nick is kind of hard to stomach though

i did his one day charity class a couple of times
he definately shows and teaches how to be smooth

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hm.. good question. The Code school is going to be here this weekend but it's supposed to rain. That said, I know some people who took the CodeRACE school 2-day program and said it was well worth the money. Definitely helped their lap times as well. It's only $1600 if you do it on your bike for both days. Only @ Willow: April 28th and Oct. 31st.

I'm in Phoenix as well and probably going to do the Oct. session.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Freddie Spencer Racing School? (quikie)

How does the Schwantz compare and is he only in Atlanta? I've done Code 1 and will go back for more-much more affordable.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took the the 3 day Freddie Spencer Pro School 2 weeks ago and highly reccomend it. My head hurt at the end of the day from all the information they gave us. When I first inquired about the school, some people took it multiple times and I wondered why. I could easily go back next year.

On the first day, we were videotaped for a lap and then critiqued. The next taped lap, everybody was much better. At the end of the day, many riders would try to do fast laps and revert back to their bad form.

Any school is a learning process and you must practice their teachings to get full benifit.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey Drebber. You Going to be at Laguna this year ? Might sneak up and see ya at PPIR again too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Absolutely worth the money - if you're serious and can stomach spending something over $3K on the class, hotel room, transportation, etc., there's no better and more thorough way to really learn how to ride a motorcycle.
You'll also pick up skills that no one else teaches, like trailbraking.

Schwantz's school is also very good, not on the level of Spencers but it's probably half the price. None of the other schools are in the same league, really, though they're all substantially cheaper. I've learned good stuff from every school, but the more expensive multi-day ones really are more comprehensive, and among those Spencer's is on top.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts