Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, it seems Harris quite making sliders for the SP2 Any thoughts on second best choices? or perhaps opinions<sp> on frame sliders on the RC51 in the first place. I'm head out for 1700 mile road trip, and I'm a bit worried about the radiators, suck to bite it in the middle of nowhere, AND crack a radiator.

Thanks.

BTW: already did the search for framesliders.

-A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: frame sliders (rrr)

SP2...go with the Sato's. I wish them made them for a 01, but went with the Intuitive from Dan Kyle, which, in my first dealing with his company, I have to say is A+ like everyone else has said.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: frame sliders (spectro205)

My
-

Frame sliders on the RC aren't going to do much, especially if you have rearsets without folding pegs. They might lessen the damage if your bike is sliding for a few hundred feet on pavement, but as soon as they hit grass its just something else dragging that will get bent or make the bike flip over. The frame is tucked in so far that its really not going to get damaged by sliding, only by hitting something (or getting hit) which a frame slider isn't going to do anything to protect against.

I've crashed 4x without them, 3 lowsides and 1 highside, and my frame is still perfect. All were between 60-80mph or so. The only things that always get damaged without them are my footpegs, exhaust cans, and brake/clutch levers (those bastards always snap off on me). I don't think adding sliders would affect the damage those parts are getting at all.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: frame sliders (Deton8d)

Wow your bike must be special... You mean to tell me that you've never damaged your radiators??? You must have super strong plastics!!! I would never ride an RC without sliders seeing how the radiators are mounted...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: frame sliders (HanZcap)

The radiators are still perfect.. I've got sharkskinz and I've burned holes in the upper two times from sliding already but thats easy enough to fix with a little fiberglass. The radiators pick up some sod but that comes off with a hose

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, I'm leaning toward getting the sato's, still going back and forth about it, those radiators do seem to be exposed ...

-A

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lowsided mine. Had the intuitive sliders on it. They didn't do a damn thing.Wasted cluch cover (dropped 45 dollars in oil on the ground which soaked into my rear tire, had to get another one) still cracked my radiator (right side), wasted my fairing, broke my 2 bro's high mount, broke the bar end, and the front brake lever. However, I got a fairing off ebay, and since my left fairing has the hole in it, I am going to put the frame sliders back on......so it will match. The sad thing is, I was going to buy a pair of solid rear sets the day before, but changed my mind when I got to the counter!!!!!! DAMN IT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts