Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright i have a set of cyclecat frame sliders im planning on using for trackdays .i heard from another message board that frame sliders will do more damage to the frame and that shouldnt be used . i always had one on my suzuki but of course the frame is different. so what do u all think about using one? good or bad? chime in everyone. cause now im not sure if i should use it or not.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: frame sliders on a superbike? (killer bee)

Proper framesliders are designed to break off at certain forces under certain applied angles.

This way if you slap your bike against the pavment really hard, instead of a long grinding lowside, they'll just brake off and not bend your frame.

Bottom line, there's always a risk that frameslider will make some damage to your bike, but with good models it's much lower, and (you guys can correct me if i am wrong) ... you're much more likely to low side on the track than have a nasty highside.

Framesliders will absolutely save your bike if it's sliding 50yards + on the pavement.

Must have really for the track bike.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: frame sliders on a superbike? (jbraslins)

The benefits outway the risks. I just installed Cycle Cat sliders on my 999 this weekend.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: frame sliders on a superbike? (negativegs)

The CycleCat frame sliders are definitely worth the investment. They pay for themselves on every lowside and will save you some agony if you ever park your bike on very hot asphalt and it tips over

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you usually cut the stock side panels to install the sliders?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: (VoyagerDude)

Someone send me a template, please!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: (VoyagerDude)

On a 999, yes you have to cut holes. Unfortunately, the sliders fall right at the joint on the side panels. I installed aftermarket bodywork to keep my stock bodywork stock with no holes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts