Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

With some race fairings being made for me, i am in the market for a set of crash protectors.
There are alot of them on the market and obviously big difference in $$
What's everybodies feedback on brand.
It seems Thorston's ones are the dearest, and he claims they sit higher than all the others?
Has anybody got these fitted to their bike?
Any links to where to buy etc would be appreciated
Cheers guys.

Mikey

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like a great idea, as Brett is making my race fairings for me.

Kill two birds with one stone. :)

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Forgot to ask have you got the Thorsten's on your bike?

Can you post a pic of them mounted?

Pwwweeeeeeaaaaasssseee! :)

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Thorsten sliders:

Hey MysteryMan,

Thorsten Frame Sliders 100% ALL the way!
As Akilldema, has pictured Thorstens RC51 here above, so it's alittle hard to see,LOL since we're looking at Black farings with Thorstens (black) frame sliders LOL

Plus, You are correct in what you heard, There is NONE that mount up as high on our RC51s Frame as Thorsten's and IMHO This IS what makes them the BEST!

Log on to Thorstens web-site>>>-----> Durbahn Shop - Home

I Hope this Helps,

FWIW if you need any more or specific picture shots... Let me know ASAP as I have my fairings off at this vey moment.;)

Peace Jeff

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey MysteryMan,

Thorsten Frame Sliders 100% ALL the way!
As Akilldema, has pictured Thorstens RC51 here above, so it's alittle hard to see,LOL since we're looking at Black farings with Thorstens (black) frame sliders LOL

Plus, You are correct in what you heard, There is NONE that mount up as high on our RC51s Frame as Thorsten's and IMHO This IS what makes them the BEST!

Log on to Thorstens web-site>>>-----> Durbahn Shop - Home

I Hope this Helps,

FWIW if you need any more or specific picture shots... Let me know ASAP as I have my fairings off at this vey moment.;)

Peace Jeff
Sweet Thanks Guys appreciate the input.

If you can post a couple of pics that would be RAD! :D

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Sweet dude, Appreciate the fast link.

Shipped to my door is AU$235. Which these days is about US$1259 :D

So i just ordered a set!

Cheers again guys
Be super careful and clean the threads well, I about shit putting mine in it took about 50 ft/lbs. with a 1/2 inch showing I kept waiting for SNAP ! but it went good, I have yet to drill holes or I would send a pic.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Sweet Thanks Guys appreciate the input.

If you can post a couple of pics that would be RAD! :D

Yeah I can, which is why I asked you how you want them...;)

OK Here's 2 of the left side:

2 of the Right side:

I Hope this Helps You in some way....>?< IF Not tell me what "Angle of the Dangle" you what the picture(s) shot!..>:D

Peace Jeff

PS. Do (1) side at a time and do NOT Force the bolt(s) I used moly upon assembly as well.!

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah I can, which is why I asked you how you want them...;)

OK Here's 2 of the left side:

I Hope this Helps You in some way....>?< IF Not tell me what "Angle of the Dangle" you what the picture(s) shot!..>:D

Peace Jeff

PS. Do (1) side at a time and do NOT Force the bolt(s) I used moly upon assembly as well.!

Really appreciate the pics and feedback, I am very impressed with your "Claytons" 9mm. haha What is it?

Also untill my sliders arrive i do not really know what i am meant to be looking for re: you angle of the dangle.

Here is a picture of me when i worked out how replace my OEM mirrors with block offs for my last trackday..

I was very proud so was my mum.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
LOL... Good catch mang.,... She's one of my CCW a Stainless Steal Colt Commander 45acp,

OK, You know where to come if you have any mounting questions, SPEEEDDZZILLLLAAAAAaaaaaa!:D

Sweet man, feels good to figure out how shite goes eh! LOL Where'd you get the SuperMan outfit... I WANT ONE!

Peace Jeff

Really appreciate the pics and feedback, I am very impressed with your "Claytons" 9mm. haha What is it?

Also untill my sliders arrive i do not really know what i am meant to be looking for re: you angle of the dangle.

Here is a picture of me when i worked out how replace my OEM mirrors with block offs for my last trackday..

I was very proud so was my mum.

·
Is Standing Behind You
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
LOL... Good catch mang.,... She's one of my CCW a Stainless Steal Colt Commander 45acp,

OK, You know where to come if you have any mounting questions, SPEEEDDZZILLLLAAAAAaaaaaa!:D

Sweet man, feels good to figure out how shite goes eh! LOL Where'd you get the SuperMan outfit... I WANT ONE!

Peace Jeff
Wasnt it the first mass-produced pistol with an aluminium alloy frame and the first Colt pistol to be chambered in 9mm

The .45 ACP has a good reputation for performance also.

A bit like the Old SP/RC's - Old, but proven and bulletproof reputation :p

Also my mum and me made my SuperMan outfit. She is more like a sister to me and i love her, and so does the gardner too he tells me all the time. He is nice to me when he comes around he gives me candy and a stick to play with outside for about an hour and then i come inside and say goodbye to him. He is nice.

My mum said if you send her a pic of yourself "shirtless" and your measurements she will be in contact and will make one up for you.
No monetory payment is required for my friends she said and the Probation n Parole officer is my friend as well..

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Maverick: Your bike called me last night and told me to tell you to buy some degreaser and get to work cleaning her up!
LOL... Please WASH Me eh!;) Once the Fairings are back on she looks clean as show room!:p

In these pictures, I've pulled my radis. too, to install my SPAL fans, finely... it's amazing how much crap & BUGS get stuck in these area where radi. scoops sit too!

First time I took off my Thorsten Air Box to check my Valves, approx. 2+ yrs. and a crap load of miles, I was blown away by ALL the BUGS stuck in between the AirBox and Frame! LMAO

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
LMAO... You're a TRIP mang.!

And about your memory... It is VERY GOOD!
Also, I think a key word here is... "mass-produced"... So I'm guessing there is acouple of custom handgun smiths who might have made them first, I don't know... But, COLT is the first mass produced.

Mines SS. so it's almost as heavy as my RC51 LOL!;)

Peace Jeff

The Colt Commander is a single-action, semi-automatic, magazine-fed, and recoil-operated handgun based on the John M. Browning designed M1911. It was the first mass-produced pistol with an aluminium alloy frame and the first Colt pistol to be chambered in 9mm Parabellum.[1]
Colt made several variations of the Commander and offered it in .45 ACP and .38 Super chamberings. Other variants followed with different degrees of factory accurizing and materials.

Wasnt it the first mass-produced pistol with an aluminium alloy frame and the first Colt pistol to be chambered in 9mm

The .45 ACP has a good reputation for performance also.

A bit like the Old SP/RC's - Old, but proven and bulletproof reputation :p

Also my mum and me made my SuperMan outfit. She is more like a sister to me and i love her, and so does the gardner too he tells me all the time. He is nice to me when he comes around he gives me candy and a stick to play with outside for about an hour and then i come inside and say goodbye to him. He is nice.

My mum said if you send her a pic of yourself "shirtless" and your measurements she will be in contact and will make one up for you.
No monetory payment is required for my friends she said and the Probation n Parole officer is my friend as well..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.