Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (Tripod-R)

I think Foggy and Mladin must share some DNA. I have never haerd two guys that consistantly shit on other riders. At least Mladin is still racing.

I think Foggy has a point though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (casjoker)

Hodgson did trounce on everyone in '03 but how's that his fault? Imagine all the shit he'd be getting if he hadn't won the championship in '03; seems like it was a "damned if he did, damned if he didn't" sort of circumstance.

One thing I'd like more detail on is Hodgson's GP success' and why didn't Ducati want him back in WSBK?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (casjoker)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by casjoker »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I think Foggy and Mladin must share some DNA. I have never haerd two guys that consistantly shit on other riders...</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about Barry Sheene? Up to the day he died, he never even gave Kenny Roberts Sr. any respect.

Kenny Roberts! Yeah, what a tosser...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (Harvey T.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Harvey T. »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to like this guy as well. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I still do. He didn't say one thing that wasn't the truth, yeah it was a little rough around the edges but in this increasingly nauseating world of PC, I find it enjoyable.
Carl's record stands on its own. He won when WSB was more popular than 500GP and was turning the same times or better at the same tracks. He is right, nobody cares about the AMA championship, not on a world level any way, we might here in this country but that's about it. How many of us track the BSB series and could name five of the top riders, I know I couldn't.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

I like Foggy. He says what he thinks unlike 90% of the racing community and he has 4 WSB titles, and the most race wins of any WSB rider in history to back it up. It is sad when saying out loud what one thinks is considered a bad thing.

Having said that, it is also not Neil's fault that there was not as much competition when he one his title. To Neil's credit, he never complained about "how tough it was out there" or otherwise tried to make things seem different than they were.

However, that is precisely what I see Mladin doing even after winning by 10 seconds or more. He has never once (that I have witnessed anyway) just said "I rode well and the bike was great". There is always something that required him to make super-human effort to pull off the win. That is far more irritating to hear than any comments/insults from Foggy but Matt wins races so I just try to ignore it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (SP3)

FOGGYASS never liked him not matter how fast he is.. IF was that good why didnt won the champ with Honda?

Modified by Giannis at 12:24 AM 1/14/2005

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

He must still be pissed about his wife calling out Neil's name during sex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (Latebraker)

I don’t mind one bit that he speaks his mind, that’s fine by me. It’s things like “"Neil, I think, needs to go back to World Superbikes and prove to me and maybe himself (what he can do).

Neil needs to prove to Foggy, I don’t think so. Himself, possibly yes, but not Foggy.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Foggy, and the late Barry Sheene(sp?) could not have a conversation about Motorcycle racing at all if they were not allowed to use the word "I" in every other sentence.

Foggy was a good rider on the best bike for quite a while. When the competition got better he jumped ship and finished behind his team-mate on the same bike.

Troy Corser handed him his ass on a satellite Duc on numerous occasions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I agree that it's nice to hear somebody speak their mind and be up front about things, etc, etc... Still, as a professional, there's a way... and then there's a way, IMO.

I don't hear other racers razzin' Foggy on how he "kept dodgin' GP". Everyone has their reasons, and as a fellow, and COUNTRYMEN for that matter, I would hope he would understand that.

Whatever...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Four times WSBK champion. (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Foggy, and the late Barry Sheene(sp?) could not have a conversation about Motorcycle racing at all if they were not allowed to use the word "I" in every other sentence.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Interestingly, Foggy used to complain about how Sheene dumped on him all the time in interviews: never gave him respect he earned, etc. (I think the real complaint was "Sheene always calls me a twat!") - apparently it stemmed from a race in '77, '78, or '79 where Foggy's dad, George, was in front of Sheen and Roberts right at the end of a race, and Sheene blamed George Fogarty for blocking him and causing him to lose the race (and championship) to Roberts.

So what goes 'round really does come 'round!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts