Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Formula 1 in town and only 30 minutes from the house me and my boy took a trip over to the Ring, even though it's only Friday/qualifying the grandstands were packed and we had all we could do just to walk around and see the sights. Unlike Nascrap we parked for free, beer was still cheaper than a coke (1,30 Euro) and the sound of the cars man!!! Enjoy the pictures, we missed the qualifying session so I don't have any track photo's

It's only Friday afternoon qualifying and it's packed!

Mercedes Safty car

Mercedes tent had an awesome rock band playing

Awesome Mercedes Hauler

New M5 Ring Taxi

New M6

Nurburg Castle

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (bruntr)

Great pics! Oh man, what a sweet place to have been. Looks like a good time.

On the F1 note, it's amazing how Michelin has basically taken over the paddock in only a couple seasons. Guess Bridgestone has been concentrating on MotoGP too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Awesome.. living in a non motorsport state sucks..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (drthompson65)

Very nice! More pictures of beer please, and less of those fugly Bangled BMWs!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (Tripod-R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tripod-R »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">On the F1 note, it's amazing how Michelin has basically taken over the paddock in only a couple seasons. Guess Bridgestone has been concentrating on MotoGP too much.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It doesn't hurt that Michelen has 10 teams out there testing for them, while Bridgestone has only one!

Great pictures, I'm jealous as all hell. If I win the lottery, I'm gonna follow the F1 circuit for a year, going from race to race.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome man...wow would I love to be there.

Thanks for the pics, you going to the race too?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (Tripod-R)

The new one tire rule plays well with Mich. design department. As mentioned at the Monaco race last weekend Mich. has a lot of practice at Le Mans 24 hour race. They are good at endurance race tires, and that's what today's F1 is about tire wise. Bridgestone does not have that kind of resume. Stones are good with tire changes thou.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (996miami)

Does anyone else sense 996miami has been left stranded on the side of the road by a BMW on his way to some hot chick's house beging him for sex?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Formula 1 this weekend at Nurburgring (SP8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Does anyone else sense 996miami has been left stranded on the side of the road by a BMW on his way to some hot chick's house beging him for sex?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No... but I do see 996miami holding the camera while said chic begs ME for sex.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Nurburgring looks like a very bike friendly track. I wonder why MotoGP doesn't race there? It's nice and wide like Sepang.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Wow......... I just watched the race on my DVD player. Kimi just about destroyed my faith in BST C/F wheels. Watching his suspension explode from vibration was some scary shite. He must be pissed. I think I'll save my money for some 16.5 magnesium rims for track days. I may just run stockers on the street. It's not like the 04 ZX10R rims are heavy anyway.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SP8 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wow......... I just watched the race on my DVD player. Kimi just about destroyed my faith in BST C/F wheels. Watching his suspension explode from vibration was some scary shite. He must be pissed. I think I'll save my money for some 16.5 magnesium rims for track days. I may just run stockers on the street. It's not like the 04 ZX10R rims are heavy anyway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, it is a fact of life that C/F is very rigid and strong and it is also a fact of life that that strength can turn into a major weakness when subjected to certain stresses, harmonic frequencies and blunt trauma......you can bend aluminum back into shape after smacking a rim....C/F just turns into powder....I sent a rim off to someplace in New Hampshire to be restored after being deformed....came back perfect....try doing that to your megadollar C/F rims....baffles me why blokes spend megadollars on those rims to save less weight than a Big Mac or Whopper.....want to shave a few ounces off your race package? Skip lunch or hump some tigress.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts