Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Formula 1 in town and only 30 minutes from the house me and my boy took a trip over to the Ring, even though it's only Friday/qualifying the grandstands were packed and we had all we could do just to walk around and see the sights. Unlike Nascrap we parked for free, beer was still cheaper than a coke (1,30 Euro) and the sound of the cars man!!! Enjoy the pictures, we missed the qualifying session so I don't have any track photo's

It's only Friday afternoon qualifying and it's packed!

Mercedes Safty car

Mercedes tent had an awesome rock band playing

Awesome Mercedes Hauler

New M5 Ring Taxi

New M6

Nurburg Castle

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Formula 1 at Nurburgring this weekend (bruntr)

bruntr,
Let's switch lives this weekend
Great photos, I'm super jealous
Hopefully I'll be able to go to SPA this year since my girlfriend lives in Belgium. Keep the pics coming,

Tifosi

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Formula 1 at Nurburgring this weekend (Tifosi)

wish i was there, been to montreal a couple of times for f1 and it is unreal.

nothing sounds better than a ferrari f1 engine at full tilt

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Formula 1 at Nurburgring this weekend (malducato1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by malducato1 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wish i was there, been to montreal a couple of times for f1 and it is unreal.

nothing sounds better than a ferrari f1 engine at full tilt
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I would not agree.

Ferrari is not the best sounding engine. Maybe the smothest (is it possible to say that about a F1 engine?) but not the best sounding. You got other engines that revs more, sounds louder, missfires more during braking and mid corner, have more brutal traction control.

Jocke..........

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Formula 1 at Nurburgring this weekend (vij)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by vij »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would not agree.

Ferrari is not the best sounding engine. Maybe the smothest (is it possible to say that about a F1 engine?) but not the best sounding. You got other engines that revs more, sounds louder, missfires more during braking and mid corner, have more brutal traction control.

Jocke..........</TD></TR></TABLE>

to me it sounds the best but sound just like looks is purely a subject matter, what i may like you might not.

but i do know that the worse sounding engine i have ever heard was the the prost cars, my ears thanks them that there f1 experiment was short lived.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Formula 1 at Nurburgring this weekend (malducato1)

Great pics, Mald.
I was at the USGP in Indianapolis last June. A work associate of mine had access to the Andretti Green suite and knowing the F1 fan I am, invited me to my first race.

Coming into the track I was held up in my car for a security screening under the main straight tunnel when Montoya came right over my head on his warm-up lap before the 1st qualifying session. Like angels whispering my ear man ... like angels.

The sounds of engines at full throttle tearing down the start/finish straight can make small children grab the leg of an adult out of fear.
T.V. microphones come close to back can't accurately relay the audible impact...it's a sound more felt in the head and chest than heard. This sound in person combined with the smell of race fuel are permanently stamped into my memory.

And even though every car uses a 3 liter V10, if you have a good ear you can you could actually tell the difference between the engine notes.
Ferrari - Banshee wail.
Jaguar - Strangely enough, you could hear the American V8 undertones.
BMW - Undoubtedly the loudest engine in the field.
BAR - Engine sounds so polite, almost as if it were ashamed of making such a racket while revving to 19K RPM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts