Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Would love an original '74 Commando with the small tank. For some reason these leave me cold. The Bonneville is the same way.

·
I'll fix it.
2,249 Posts
To me they look like bikes Norton would be making were the original company still around...an opinion I also hold about my Triumph Street Triple.

Its a shame Kenny Dreer is no longer part of the company, it was his passion for Nortons that made these bikes possible. Ive seen a few of them up close, they look pretty well made.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
The Italian importer/dealer is about 40 miles from here: they were originally a Moto Morini dealer but switched to Norton when Morini folded earlier this year.
They say they have defined RRP for the 961 Commando but no price has surfaced. I will pay them a visit one of these days. ;)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
First time I saw a Norton Commando back in 72... I said thats an Elvis bike... a
whole lot of shaking going on at idle...

·
Registered
757 Posts
I'l be more interested in Norton when they come out with their rotary sportbike.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was fortunate enough to ride one of Kenny Dreer's prototypes. Very visceral motorcycle. Lots of meaty midrange. Great brakes and suspension.
I've also got a friend in England that had a new Norton on order for almost 2 years. He just took delivery. It took a court order.
I own 5 Commando's. Personally, I prefer the originals.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.