Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a few hours reading everything I can here on front fork overhaul, and I think I'm ready to do it, by myself. Yes, I have the tools and FSM.

I've got a SP2 with Ohlins shock/Moriwaki link, sprung for me @ 195# with gear. My questions are:

1. If I cut the top-out spring in half and use the appropriate spacers from DK, can I get away with using the stock 1.0 spring for my weight?
  2. If not, what spring rate should I use?
  3. What weight fork oil should I use?
Thank you all for your time. I really appreciate it!

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
40 views and none of the legendary people on this board knows? Hopefully someone can chime in with answers...

·
Trailing Member
151 Posts
If you're going to get parts from DK why not ask the Man himself. Who knows more about the subject than Dan? BTW cutting the topout spring may be more involved than just cutting the spring in half and adding a spacer

·
Sub-average Member
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you're going to get parts from DK why not ask the Man himself. Who knows more about the subject than Dan? BTW cutting the topout spring may be more involved than just cutting the spring in half and adding a spacer
If I understood DK correctly, I think he mentioned using an Ohlins 1.0 kg/mm main spring for my weight and application. But I thought my stock main spring is also 1.0 kg/mm. Which is why I'm asking if I can get away with just using my stock spring to save me $$$. I know I'm not the only one who's done this before, and if people are willing, I'd like to hear of their experiences beyond what I've already read.

Thank you for your time, guys! :notworthy

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
If I understood DK correctly, I think he mentioned using an Ohlins 1.0 kg/mm main spring for my weight and application. But I thought my stock main spring is also 1.0 kg/mm. Which is why I'm asking if I can get away with just using my stock spring to save me $$$. I know I'm not the only one who's done this before, and if people are willing, I'd like to hear of their experiences beyond what I've already read.

Thank you for your time, guys! :notworthy
I think you should throw a $150.00 set of ohlins springs in them. Some are linear some are progressive some have different static heigth ETC.

Dan will tell you excatly what to do with what you have to get the best value.

If you are putting time and effort in the job use the best parts you can afford :twocents

1 - 5 of 5 Posts