Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hen Pecked
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've learned that the SP2 fork servicing is a bit different than indicated in the Honda Service manual. The manual usually has pictures and parts called out for the SP1 forks. Anyhow, if you go searching for a fork damper rod holder, I have learned that the Motion Pro damper rod holder for upsidedown 41mm-43mm Showa & Kayaba forks will work, with a slight mod.

The fit of the tool into the top of the damper rod is a bit too tight to get it to fit in, so I sugest taking off about a half a millimeter of metal off the inside of the steel ring that is snaped on to the top of the damper tube. The ring prys off with a little gentle use of a standard screwdriver. be carefull not to mar the soft aluminum damper tube. Use a dremmel or rounded hand file to take off just a little material. You'll see in the pics I polished the paint off the tool as well, and it slipped into the ring and into the slots on the tube nicely.

Attachments

·
Hen Pecked
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably could remove it w/ a wire hook. Getting it back on could be more challenging. It was pretty snug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts