Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Suzuki was my first streetbike after a few dirt bikes. Daytona was probably the best streetbike I have owned. Love the Ducatis I have had, but the Triumph just did everything well and was pretty comfortable. Built like a tank too.

Both of these were tough bikes that could take a ton of abuse.

Went on many a nookie run on that Zuki.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suzuki was my first streetbike after a few dirt bikes. Daytona was probably the best streetbike I have owned. Love the Ducatis I have had, but the Triumph just did everything well and was pretty comfortable. Built like a tank too.

I once saw a great deal on the 955i but bought the 999 Duc instead. I always wanted to try one and the reviews about it were that it was a pretty solid bike.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
I had both for a short time. The Triumph had a more powerful engine and was much more comfortable. The Ducati vibrated more and sounded better, as well as managed the air around the bike better.

Slow speed handling was better with the Triumph, suspension and faster speeds were better on the Ducati. Triumph was very good in town, Ducati did better riding twisty roads. For different reasons neither were great on the highway (Ducati was comfort-challenged, Triumph had bad wind buffeting for my height).

Build quality was noticably better on the Ducati, parts of the Triumph looked like they were bought at the motorcycle dollar store.

After I sell the 851 I might get another bike. A 2002 Daytona CE (in red, only 17 made before factory burned) would probably be high on my list of cheaper used bikes.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
LMAO... You know,... it is SO Important, to have a good solid ride while you're heading out for "Nookie":clapper Still LMAO

Hey Turbo329
Of the MC's picture here, I'd have to say (even though I never owned one) This is MY Fav.

And I LOATH ALL the CBRs that had the "Pivlotless Frame"

Thanks for the memiors;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts