Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my bike is still for sale- but I was hoping to get some honest answers to a couple questions. I'm trying to guage the market, but don't know where to start. At $13,000, is a used MH900e with 1500 miles a good deal to anyone?

Is this a time of year when many people are looking for bikes? I'd think this would be a year round type of purchase, but I guess not

Is it the uncertainty of the economy that is stopping people from making an offer?

Is it the horror stories, mostly via this board, that is keeping people from offering?

Is my price just too damn high?

Is there more interest in the Sport Classics?

Is it because I want to deal in person, and with cash?

Just curious what the reasons are. I love this bike to death, and am trying to decide whether to sell it or my Monster. I'm thinking I could get a much quicker sale on the Monster, but it won't fund as many projects, and I'd hate to have this be my only rider. Or should I just hang on to it? My garage space and time are limited, so I really should get rid of one bike. Any constructive criticism? thanks :woot:

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
If there was any way to keep that bike I would. It will always be worth more and more special than your monster. You can always buy another monster like that - it might not be as easy or affordable to buy another MH in future. Just speculation.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what you mean- this bike, next to the 998 is my all tiem favorite. It's hard to choose favorites, but this has to be one of the top three of all bikes to me.

It's not a matter of needing to sell it- it's just that I am so fickle and am constantly looking for new projects. I'm not satisfied with just one thing. I sold my 6x6, but immediately bought a '78 Chevy 1 ton I'm fixing up on massive Boggers :D , got my '73 Chevy I repainted and am modding, got a '75 Lincoln we're chopping the top on, then stripping the running gear out of to put in our t-bucket roadster (460 in a t-roadster :woot: ), got my Monster, my brother's modding his Kwak W650, and we have a '92 929 Mazda we need to figure out if we're going to chop the top on :) Luckily the bike doesn't take up much space, like the deuce and a half, or it would have been gone sooner. I just wish I wasn't always looking for the next best thing, and that money grew on trees. I may just have to slow down my current workload to not think about selling this. I certainly won't take a hit on it, which is why I won't go lower than $13, just wondering if anybody thought that was way out of line.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Monster Man said:
my bike is still for sale- but I was hoping to get some honest answers to a couple questions. I'm trying to guage the market, but don't know where to start. At $13,000, is a used MH900e with 1500 miles a good deal to anyone?

Is this a time of year when many people are looking for bikes? I'd think this would be a year round type of purchase, but I guess not

Is it the uncertainty of the economy that is stopping people from making an offer?

Is it the horror stories, mostly via this board, that is keeping people from offering?

Is my price just too damn high?

Is there more interest in the Sport Classics?

Is it because I want to deal in person, and with cash?

Just curious what the reasons are. I love this bike to death, and am trying to decide whether to sell it or my Monster. I'm thinking I could get a much quicker sale on the Monster, but it won't fund as many projects, and I'd hate to have this be my only rider. Or should I just hang on to it? My garage space and time are limited, so I really should get rid of one bike. Any constructive criticism? thanks :woot:
the MH has a bad reputation and your asking price is way to high.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys- that's what I was looking for. Wow, 6800-7500? no way I'd dream of going that low. Even 11,500 is too low for me. I'm about at the lowest I'd consider so I guess I'll just shelve the idea or wait for spring. Thanks

·
Registered
328 Posts
Monster Man said:
thanks guys- that's what I was looking for. Wow, 6800-7500? no way I'd dream of going that low. Even 11,500 is too low for me. I'm about at the lowest I'd consider so I guess I'll just shelve the idea or wait for spring. Thanks
you don't have to give it away but don't think it will sell in a week or two either.

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
$11k seems like a more realistic selling price. If the minor blemishes were addressed before selling so that it was a "perfect" bike, you would probably be able to get more out of it from a collector. A collector would be the one who would be most likely to want it and be willing to pay more for an excellent example.

The bike will have a limited potential audience either way. At $7k, even wholesale seems too low (not bad for a 5-year-old supersport though).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts