Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you will remember my rant about having to pay $70 bucks for a cover to hide the fact that my gauge cluster was meltig. Needless to say I was told by the dealerships parts guy that the cover was covered by Honda since they new it was a problem. I could have replaced the plastic case for less than what the flimsy piece of metal cover cost me. Anyways, so today I went to pick up some gear and the service manager tells me that I owe them for the parts for the gauge. Mind you it's been almost 2 months since I got the parts. I call Honda to see WTF was going on. The customer service rep tells me that I spoke with me on the 14th of July. I told them nobody called me. She said someone answered my cell phone on the 14th of July and that the rep told them what the deal was. That's BS because had I known that I was going to have to pay for the part I would have done sit a month ago... So I ask to speak with the rep who originally handled my case and I was told I couldn't be transfered to her. So I ask for a supervisor and I'm told that one could call me back in 1 to 2 days... What kind of BS is that. I've dealt with Honda before on issues with my 99 900rr and they were great but lately they have sucked azz...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: (LDH)

OK, I probably deserve that but my point is how large companies don't seem to care anymore about the end user of their products. If keeping someone a promoter of your customer service is worth a part the cost $5 then Honda has a lot to learn from the smaller customer consious business's of the world.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (HanZcap)

fair enough, but if the worst thing American Honda has to deal with today is one guy that is screwed up about a $70 retail retrofit part for a cosmetic issue then I bet there is gonna be one helluva party in Torrance CA tonight!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (LDH)

Like I said before the money doesn't matter to me it's the service that I received. IE never getting a call to tell me what the resolution was and then lying to me about it. Customer service is there to help customers not to piss them off... Think of it this way 1 upset costomer on average shares his experience with 7 poeple who will then share this story an average of 7 times. However a happy customer will on average share a good experience with 5 people who in turn will tell an average of 5 people. I don't know about you but I'd rather create a net promoter than a net detractor...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (HanZcap)

I'm going to hazard a guess that perhaps Honda might be happy if you bought something else.

Commonly known as "firing the client."

Best of luck with this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First, If the dealer told me it was covered, I'd be clear. I wouldnt pay it or it'd peel it off my gauges and hand it back to em then order one somewhere else. Any dealer worth a shit, would talk to honda and take care of their own customer, not Honda of North Americas.
I know for a fact that the dealer I deal with would still pay for it even if Honda wouldnt. Second, Write a letter to the top. Use all the names,times,dates,part #s,your customer and bike history and send it to every Honda VP you can get a name for.While your at it spam their email too. If still you get knowwhere, sign up their phones and emails to every Telemarketer you can find. Have fun.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: (pappawheelie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pappawheelie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">First, If the dealer told me it was covered, I'd be clear. I wouldnt pay it or it'd peel it off my gauges and hand it back to em then order one somewhere else. Any dealer worth a shit, would talk to honda and take care of their own customer, not Honda of North Americas.
I know for a fact that the dealer I deal with would still pay for it even if Honda wouldnt. Second, Write a letter to the top. Use all the names,times,dates,part #s,your customer and bike history and send it to every Honda VP you can get a name for.While your at it spam their email too. If still you get knowwhere, sign up their phones and emails to every Telemarketer you can find. Have fun.</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats a great idea.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (tutzo51)

You gotta love this. I finally get a call from a Honda customer service rep today. He tells me that Honda will not cover the guage cover that I paid for to cover the melting gauge cluster on my RC 51. I ask him why they would not cover it and he states that there is no way to know what the bike has been subjected too since it's 5 years old. WTF!!! My answer to him is there is no way to know what any bike is subjected to even within the first 3 months of ownership. I explain my brand loyalty and ask why you would rather piss off a customer over a $5.00 part. His answer was sorry but that's what we've decided. Then he throws in that I'm the second owner. WTF so does that mean if I was the second owner when the bike was under warranty that my warranty wouldn't be honored? I ask him if there wasn't a problem with the face of the gauge cluster melting then why did they make a cover. Not to mention why do all new RC 51's come with the cover installed? He tells me that they felt it was a better design. Corporate bullchit talk for "we don't want to admit we made a mistake". Either way I think my next bike won't be a honda, after having owned somewhere in the neighborhood of 6 honda mx bikes, 3 atv's and 5 street bikes my faith in riding red has been diminished. To those who might flame me it's not about the money but the lack of true customer service I received!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (RCFiftyWon)

I don't need nor do I want you money! Keep it as one day your dash will melt and the you will have to replace it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts