Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give the F up. Where can I get a flywheel holder to zip off the flywheel on several parts engines?

I've checked several places, with several people and exhausted the internet (yes, I really found the end) and have had no success.

It seems that most of the commonly avail ones hold up to 4 1/2" 'wheels/rotors but ours is a big larger.

I'm really looking for the strap type, unless anyone has other ideas how to hold the MF secure while removing the bolt.

Thanks!

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the cyliners on ?
Yes, heads still on block.

Obviously you don't have an impact, is that it?
Once you have the bolt off you can use an RC axle as a puller, same threads as in the flywheel hub.
Yes, have a monster compressor and more impact tools than I know what to do with. This guy is my favorite though.

The motor keeps turning over while using a breaker and 17mm earlier to remove the bolt.

Is the engine going to turn over with the impact on the bolt?

It's a good thing I have 60 axles. I can do something with one of 'em now. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Seriously that is a procedure straight from an old yamaha gp 292 snowmobile manual :D

Give the oil a try it is an even load on the skirts (unlike the rope) and mebbie warm the nut ;)

I said LOAD :D

·
Big Thymer
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Okay, to close this discussion off...

It looks like someone (me) had a big case of the pussies today.

Firing up the compressor did the trick. A monster wrench, spare axle and I now have four flywheels freed from their imprisoners.

And I DIDN'T use the silly oil trick in one delicate combustion chamber, as some unnamed hack suggested. Kidding Tom, thank you for the help bro! :)

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Okay, to close this discussion off...

It looks like someone (me) had a big case of the pussies today.

Firing up the compressor did the trick. A monster wrench, spare axle and I now have four flywheels freed from their imprisoners.

And I DIDN'T use the silly oil trick in one delicate combustion chamber, as some unnamed hack suggested. Kidding Tom, thank you for the help bro! :)
Good to hear Ben, the oil thing works great at removing 2 stroke cylinders from the cases ... no hammer involved just rotate the clutch and presto !!!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.