Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This heat sucks. I find myself taking the cage more often so I dont have to fry in the traffic. Im I a pussy?

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
This heat sucks. I find myself taking the cage more often so I don't have to fry in the traffic. Am I a pussy?
I'm right there with you man. As much as I love riding when it's nice out, it gets hard to justify when I am soaked in sweat before I make it a mile down the road. I think my threshold is about 95 degrees F, depending on humidity.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Texas is just as bad right now. It is HOT here.
Hey MadWelder,

Years ago I was driving through Teaxs and my AC quite working.... It really didn't feel bad at all.... and as we kept driving, we started seeing bank after bank... posting anywhere from 110 to as high as 113degs.!:eek: ... I freaked out.... because it barely felt like 80-85degs. compared to Fla.!

VA. is closer to Fla. in temp. feel to "me" then compare to Teaxs. Last couple days were Killer here, as in, it has been HOT as Shite too... 100 deg.Sat. & 101degs. Sunday!:eek:
Cold front came through Sunday night, so it only got to 92 yesterday:p

·
Registered
196 Posts
We went to Amarillo last weekend and it was cooer there than in Dallas.
I rode Dallas Sunday and it was a swelter box!

Here is a pic of Pala Duro Canyon south rim. Great ride hwy 207

Hey MadWelder,

Years ago I was driving through Teaxs and my AC quite working.... It really didn't feel bad at all.... and as we kept driving, we started seeing bank after bank... posting anywhere from 110 to as high as 113degs.!:eek: ... I freaked out.... because it barely felt like 80-85degs. compared to Fla.!

VA. is closer to Fla. in temp. feel to "me" then compare to Teaxs. Last couple days were Killer here, as in, it has been HOT as Shite too... 100 deg.Sat. & 101degs. Sunday!:eek:
Cold front came through Sunday night, so it only got to 92 yesterday:p

Attachments

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
It's not the heat , it's the humility . See , that's why I also have a comfortable little Shadow , 'cause I'm not riding the RC while dripping in sweat , just not worth it .

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
What heat?:confused:

76 today. Just got back from AZ and only around 90 there.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Always prepare for the crash not the ride ! Here in las vegas its been around 112 deg.... Iam glad work is only 5 mikes away on my bike :D

·
Behind In His Steering...
437 Posts
Yeah, it's plenty hot and humid here in the Jacksonville FL area and yes, I'm a pussy too! My pals call my RC "The Furnace", but I don't think it's a "hotter ride" than most other bikes. Opinions?

The good news is that my 2000 RC stays pretty happy in extreme heat, going down the road at 190 degrees or so, whether crusiing or flogging it....never a problem. Doesn't much like sitting in traffic though....zooms to 230+ real quick.

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hello Trace,..

I'd say your friends are correct!... This is a good title\handle "The Furance"
This MC and any other V-Twin + any V-FOUR for that matter;) .... Where does some of the Exhaust Headers come out of these engines..?

YEP!... Thaaaaat's Right,> right in front of, N under your>Balls and Bat<.. Sitting still at a traffic light, for any longer then 1 min. on my RC51 and, Especially on my V-Four "VF1000R".... My Balls are just about crying on their Own!!:( Think about this the next time you're caught at that light when she jumps up to 230deg., I'll be looking back here to hearing from you :woot: ;) HEHEheheehee

1 - 15 of 15 Posts