Speedzilla Forums banner

First trackday video, Buttonwillow

522 views 9 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
OK no bitching! This was my first attempt and we had no mount, just a tankbag and duct tape. Also this trackday was aimed at getting new riders to the track so even though I was in A group there was no inside passing and people were for the most part pretty slow. It gets better at the end though when I get to chase my buddy around who is a control rider.

Thanks to Shaggy for editing and hosting the footage http://www.shaggystudios.com

right click save as

http://www.shaggystudios.com/photogallery/movies/JJ button 8-3-05'.wmv

edit**** it doesn't like the apostrophe in the link so copy and paste it or go to http://www.shaggystudios.com and it's right on the front page as last video.

G
#4 ·
Re: First trackday video, Buttonwillow (JesseJames)

HOLY TRAFFIC BATMAN!

HAD to be "C" group... either you neeeeed to be bumped up or you like to sandbag
Looks like a sunday stroll for most in that session, no serious lean angles cept you maybe, still cool to see that track again, I loved it! I live back on the east coast again, can't wait to try Pocono, ........Actually I am jealous
, but still you need to move up a group, nice video

G
#6 ·
Very nice, not bad for what you had to make it work. You should check out some of the site that sell all kinds of mounts, noy very expansive either. I personally prefer using lipstick cameras and putting the recoder in the trunk, gives me a tons of choices as to where to put the camera instead of being stock with just a tank mount.

BTW, are you sure it was a A group? there is no way that was an A group....I mean, if I was running that track day I would had bumped down 99% of that filed to the C group, not even B.

G
#7 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Very nice, not bad for what you had to make it work. You should check out some of the site that sell all kinds of mounts, noy very expansive either. I personally prefer using lipstick cameras and putting the recoder in the trunk, gives me a tons of choices as to where to put the camera instead of being stock with just a tank mount.

BTW, are you sure it was a A group? there is no way that was an A group....I mean, if I was running that track day I would had bumped down 99% of that filed to the C group, not even B.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea no trust me that was A ...like I said it was a trackday meant for people new to the track so although that was A group, A group meant you had a couple trackdays under your belt. No racers or race bikes or trackday regulars was the rule. I was probably on the cusp of what was accepted and I did have to take it down a couple notches on passing and stuff. I actually didn't know it would be that slow and that they would not allow inside passing. Can't complain though it was a 50 dollar trackday!

It's very frustrating to have to pass slower riders on the outside because of how they always take the widest lines it seems...but it was fun anyways and I had alot of friends there. Most of the people you see me jump behind are people I know.

There were some fast guys scattered in here and there though, towards the end you see someone outbrake me on a gixxer with a plate and I heard he runs sub 2:00 out there at buttonwillow which is a pretty good pace.

As for the camera mount it was my buddies camera and I convinced him to bring it to the track and we would try to do some video, he hasn't ever tried it and didn't wanna do it himself cause he is kinda slow. That's why the improvised setup.

G
#9 ·
Re: (drsus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by drsus »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">was this the Sheriffs track day thing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.