Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First i must say that i got lucky. Because when i called BVH, expecting to be told the usual, i was suprised when they actually had a set of White Ti Highmounts in stock!! $860 shipped to my door in 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also note that i've owned Carbon Banzais with Kyle map, so i've got something good to compare to. Biggest difference between the two is the weight. The Satos are much much lighter, while the Moris are a few pounds lighter than stock at best. Of course the Moris are mostly stainless steel with only the outer can sleeve made of titanium (from what i could tell).

Quality is right on par with Sato. These pipes are absolutely gorgeous too look at. Very bling-bling. Of course, they are much much quieter than the Banzais as well, while still sounding very nice. The Moris remind me of a couple of CR450Fs while the Banzais sound like the world is ending.

And most importanly............ the power!!!!!!!!!!!!! While not *quite* the hit of the Satos, the Moris are VERY impressive. Good lowend and smooth all the way up. No dips anywhere and a big gain down low.

I would say that besides the weight, they are easily one of the best values out there. And boy are they pretty!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Yup, you pretty much nailed it on the head... Heavier than the Sato's, little less power & upfront concerns about how long it takes to get them and/or replacement parts. Good choice!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's interesting that i can literally feel the differences in power all across the tack. Bottom feels the same, as well as top, with just a little less around 6-7k. What i love about both systmes is the large amont of torque gained in the 4-5k range, which is by far the weakest part of the RC's stock curve.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
and they come from the factory with the spring tool,new gaskets, sealant,and replacemet turn signals.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
negative on the turn signals. I recieved an unopened box with directions and all, but no signals.

These are very nice pipes!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Eric04)

Damn, you didn't waste any time at all. Put up some pics y0

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Eric04)

Don't understand why some folks feel they have to bash one manfacturer's pipe to make another one's look better.

Strange, I've never had a single problem getting Mori replacement parts and I can guarantee you no one has crashed Mori's more than I have.

Course, Mori has never had the some of the quality control issues that Sato's have had either. How many Sato owners have had to have rivets and sleeves replaced? What about broken Sato hangers? Fortunately, Dan Kyle stands behind his product and is always willing to make it right.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you did not get signals i'd call bob at bvh. I did not get them with my y2k limited pipes but did when I got them for my 02. They are crap any way. I only use the stock signal. Ilike people to see my signal. They arent there to look pretty. Thats what I'm fo.
FYI when my y2k got smashed the crushed mori pipe wass still solid no loose rivits

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.