Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was waiting to sell my VFR but I said screw it and just bought an 05 yesterday. It's absolutely intoxicating I love this bike. A bit harder on the wrists then the VFR but it makes up for it with the way it handles and sounds. I wish the damn rain would go away so I could put some miles on it only 50 so far. So far the bike has impressed me with how smooth it is except around town why honda geared this thing so tall is beyond me I thought my VFR was bad. I'll be fixing that shortly along with the tail, pipes and a pc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Finally (rc74racer)

welcome..and darnit I was going to tell you get the CC warm up but I see you have it all figured out
...but I highly recommend doing suspension before the pipes but PC would be a really good idea along with the gearing change

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! There are a bunch of us in NoVa. Are you going up to Summit Point for the NESBA Trackdays 7/9-10?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (advocatt)

welcome to the joys of an RC

and
how come i the only rc in VA that hasnt seen any other when i ride

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Finally (3stripes)

Yeah I have printed out the sport rider settings for the bike and will probably add the dan kyle rear link instead of dropping the forks. Right now the suspension is so much better then the VFR and me I probably won't need to do much more then set it up. I'm adding the pipes for sound purposes mostly and the PC seems like the way to go to smooth things out some it did wonders on my VFR. As far as track days well I may ride up and watch but for now I'm sticking to the street with the RC over the winter I'm thinking about putting an SV650 or honda hawk together for track days maybe a 600 but I'm not a big fan of inline 4s no personality. I know the RC was made for the track but right now I just can't see myself putting it at risk like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Damn,

I wish I knew that you were looking to get out of your VFR...I might have been interested in a trade for my 2002 RC.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Finally (rad23racer)

I still have the VFR if interested. 98 with 9500mi lots of extras runs and looks great 4800. I just can't justify having both bikes if I get another bike it will be more of a pure touring bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Good decision!
Change the sprockets too. -1 up front and +2 on the back works pretty well.
Rain? Not here in California.
And hard on the wrists? The understatement of the century. I keep wondering if it's possible to lower my seat a couple of inches.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts