Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody use a fender eliminator from competition werkes and like it i found one here and it looks like it just uses your stock lights i like the look but just wondering if they make good solid easy to install eliminators and at 161$ thats seems cheap anybody?

·
Registered
101 Posts
i haven't seen it, but it sounds expensive to me. You can get a Hotbodies undertail kit for $200 or so.

I paid $70 for my wifes Fender Eliminator kit for her 600RR, so $160 sounds like a rip off.

Got a pic of it?

Also, how does it work with the trunk lock?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah that is better for sure how do you pop the trunk on those undertails

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
You can re-mount the key assembly. Some may be pre-drilled or some you can out it wherever it'll reach...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
true i could then drop it right behind the plate out of site

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
are you using that kit

·
Registered
101 Posts
alright, so where does the plate mount with the Hotbodies kit? $179 is an awesome deal at that link you posted.

I just bought a brand new '04 RC and want to get rid of that rear fender ASAP! haha

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
are you using that kit
Nope, I have a Pestana unertail I got from e-bay for $150. If I didn't find that one, I would have gotten the one that I just showed you.
true i could then drop it right behind the plate out of site
which is what I did exactly. ;)

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
LTP said:
alright, so where does the plate mount with the Hotbodies kit?
Well, I made mine. There's lots of ways to do it. I used a piece of angle aluminum. You can alo use 2 small "L" brackets. Bend them out so they are not at 90 degrees. It will look better if your plate angles back a bit...

·
Registered
101 Posts
dhdrider said:
Well, I made mine. There's lots of ways to do it. I used a piece of angle aluminum. You can alo use 2 small "L" brackets. Bend them out so they are not at 90 degrees. It will look better if your plate angles back a bit...
i thought so. that's exactly what I did with my 954.

oh....and you need to clean your filthy garage. hahaha

:rockon

·
Registered
130 Posts
Bump up! ANYBODY else using a Competition Werkes kit????? I want this one specifically and i just want to know if anyone has any experience with it????

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
That's way too much to pay for a piece of sheet metal! I have one on mine that cost $39 from (I think) 58cycle.com.

·
Registered
359 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Got it on my bike works fine
memphis static said:
anybody use a fender eliminator from competition werkes and like it i found one here and it looks like it just uses your stock lights i like the look but just wondering if they make good solid easy to install eliminators and at 161$ thats seems cheap anybody?

·
Registered
329 Posts
They shouldn't be able to get close enough to read your tag:woot: :woot: :woot: j/K Its not bright at all in the daytime,so if u see my pics ive got the tag cover with the L.E.D lights in them ,works like a charm.:D
KentuckyKid said:
Hey 'resident' how bright is the tail light seeing how it is mounted downwards??? I'm worried about people not being able to see it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts