Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody want one?

The logistics are still up in the air but i have been looking for a two month project and this came to mind:)

Thinking a simple race frame with no tail light provisions for max weight loss might be easiest and best?

It will be POSSIBLY aluminum and carbon for the attchament points but i have to really sort that out until i see if it warrants making a half dozen or not as i don't need on myself but i am hoping you talk me into one:D

going to be tubular style similar to the 2004 CBR1000rr i think if you know what i mean. It will allow for some electrics mounting and such and i will have to sort a battery tray. i would prefer for you to run a lightweight cell deal to make it easier for me to make the subframe for now, and to make it as generic as possible

i am looking for people interested please not everybody who does not want one:D

open to suggestions and ideas but please don't get TO'd if i can't or it they won't work. I want to make it for the 51 but we have to make it as simple and generic as possible to accomodate all

Thanks for looking

Mark

·
Registered
408 Posts
That seems like it would be cool and kinda Bling Blingy, but I would be nervous about strength and integrety. Not about worksmanship, but the advantage from aluminum race subframe to carbon would not be worth the worry in the back of my mind while on the track.

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That seems like it would be cool and kinda Bling Blingy, but I would be nervous about strength and integrety. Not about worksmanship, but the advantage from aluminum race subframe to carbon would not be worth the worry in the back of my mind while on the track.

very valid point i can appreciate, thank you for your input

FWIW a well made carbon fiber version will be stronger then aluminum of the same weight by quite a bit. MY version will be lighter then OEM and be stronger. I can't make any promises about that it might not have to be replaced if the bike tumbles down the track. I will say though anything i produce will hold the rider safely and the hold the tail section solidly 100%

I have spent the last hour working on measurements and logistics like the hanger mounts and attachment points to see what is feasable and costs. I can tell you the attachments will be aluminum graphed into carbon hollow tubing.

let me know if you have any other questions tooo

·
Premium Member
14,924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had an aluminum subframe bend and break on me.
i think a carbon one properly made would have its advantages.

mostly bling factor and some weight loss for the trackies i think:)

not a easy piece by any means and a very difficult part for me to take on, hence the drive to do it. I am wanting to make more fuctional parts there just does not seem to be the market there once was for exclusive type of parts from anybody

initial price looks to be $250-$275ish roughly to get the tire kickers out of the way J/k

I am looking at round tubing but the square looks like it will be best although hardest to mold and most expesive:mad:

·
ole dirt bastard
998 Posts
mostly bling factor and some weight loss for the trackies i think:)

not a easy piece by any means and a very difficult part for me to take on, hence the drive to do it. I am wanting to make more fuctional parts there just does not seem to be the market there once was for exclusive type of parts from anybody

initial price looks to be $250-$275ish roughly to get the tire kickers out of the way J/k

I am looking at round tubing but the square looks like it will be best although hardest to mold and most expesive:mad:

honestly i expected it to cost more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.