Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
AKA: Krammit the Frodge
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
okay, much as I hate to think about this... I'm not all young and bendy anymore. thinking about selling The Beast and going to a Night Rod Special :eek: my little piggy might have to go bye-bye... no pics yet, but I'll try to get them up in the next day or two. she's an 03 that i bought new in 05 as a leftover.

Mods: Turnone CF snorkel and airbox, quick clip w/ shutoff on main fuel line, flushmount LED signals on stock stalks, CF front fender, Galfer wave rotors and SS clutch/ brake lines F/R, ZG smoke windscreen, 7-series battery relocated down below, DPDT fan switch, low-beam cutoff switch, CF rad fins, Harris adjustable rearsets, Ohlins R/T suspension F/R tuned for 235# geared rider, CRG RAC shorty levers, TBR C4 CF banzai exhaust, PC-III R, AFAM steel -1/+2 sprockets, Corbin seat, delrin frame and swingarm sliders... i'm sure i'm missing some stuff here somewhere.

showing about 7500 miles, probably closer to 6500. did sprockets at 2000 and haven't gotten a healer on it. oil and filter changed with 20w50 Mobil1 full synthetic every 1000 odometer miles since new.

bike has been in one very minor 32mph low side on WV-250 in very early 06 on a late-winter icky spot. resulted in tweaked forks and bent front rim, slight rash on right side. only things not replaced were the bar end (still functional) and side fairing (barely noticeable).

she dynoed at 132 to the rear wheel with a DK Moriwaki Low map, which gave the smoothest torque curve on the dynojet dyno at DiStefano's Performance Cycle in Imperial, PA, where all the work was done to bring her back to life while I was in the box 06-07.

would like to pull $5,500 but am open to offers given year and low-side. i have a clean and clear PA title in hand.

feel free to commence the "you're an idiot" flaming in three... two... one... do it :banghead

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be working on that tonight, methinks.

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
craigslist, ahoy...

2003 RC51

unfortunately, it's craigslist. i refuse to go fleabay route due to their associated fees and paypal's fees. just don't want to deal with it.

took pics last night on my phone. will be uploading this afternoon or this evening.

why do i feel like crap for doing this?:(

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
uno mas...

only allowed five at a time, apparently... :banghead

Attachments

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
update

new battery just went in last night. AGM 7-series from Batteries Plus. oil and Fram HD filter getting changed tonight to Mobil1 full synthetic 10w40 from the Mobil1 Racing 20w50 that's currently in the bike. any interest? offers?

·
Purveyor of immaturity
615 Posts
if you are gonna part it out, i would really be interested in the turn one carbon airbox and the ohlins forks

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not particularly interested in parting it out. i know that would net me significantly more money out of the bike as a whole, but the problem with that is all the good stuff would end up gone really quickly and i'd be left with essentially a non-rolling (and obviously non-running) chassis really quickly. most of the stock parts were donated to friends and fellow speedzilla members to get their bikes back up and running after Gravitationally Induced Nonvertical Incidents.

thanks for the offers though... if it comes to that, i'll keep it in mind.

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hate to do it, but bumpity todatop...

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
i'm gonna have a talk with the wife, she wants me to go vegetarian and I want something in return, this might just be the thing...:D

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i'm gonna have a talk with the wife, she wants me to go vegetarian and I want something in return, this might just be the thing...:D
yep... so we're on similar logic here. mine wants me to go non-smoking and i want a harley for the marlboros.:rockon

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
she said no way at first.... then I reminded her that 50+ years in exchage for a bike sounds reasonable..... her rebutle was "I'll think about it":D
i would think about it as well... over a 26-oz Porterhouse. :woot: quid-pro-quo, tit-for-tat, isn't that how it works in marriage? both sides sacrifice, meet in the middle, compromise... oh, wait. that's FUNCTIONAL marriages. :D

·
Dr. Carbon
2,974 Posts
i would think about it as well... over a 26-oz Porterhouse. :woot: quid-pro-quo, tit-for-tat, isn't that how it works in marriage? both sides sacrifice, meet in the middle, compromise... oh, wait. that's FUNCTIONAL marriages. :D

ya, know what you mean....but sometimes we gotta just settle for tit....

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
pics of "rash" as requested. apologies for the delay... got sent out of town for a few days here. just getting back around to catching up on a lot of stuff now... explanations to follow

Attachments

·
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the right side of the frame is under the fairing panel. minor scuffing. wasn't actually from the low-side, but from repeated on-again, off-again for maintenance, mods, etc. but it's "damage" so i wanted to make sure it got disclosed.

right side of tail has an obvious scuff in it, though i'm not sure what from. probably my boot, as that body panel did not touch down.

left side of tail is barely visible scuff on the decal, again i think from a boot.

right fairing scuffs are pointed out by my pinky finger and thumb. i look like i have huge, fat, sausage fingers, but i really don't. ask my wife if you need confirmation of this :banghead

the bar end, well, that's pretty self-explanatory. that's from the low-side. again though, it's still functional so i saw no real need to replace it. i have a spare set of bar ends from lockhart-phillips if you're totally neurotic (like i typically am) that i'll throw in if you want them, but otherwise i'd just as soon avoid drug-dealing with my buddy to get them back since they're in his garage right now back in PA.

as always, any questions feel free to shoot me a line and thanks for looking.
-mike

1 - 20 of 23 Posts