Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Italian car, bike, and bicycle show put on by the local Alfa club. Just show up at the park between Lonsdale Quay, and BCIT. Lots of cars from WA seem to show up, and it sure seems like there's a wad of Italian bikes down there.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Father's Day June 19, Vancouver BC (Just Riding Along)

How about some directions for those of us that don't know Vancouver very well. Maybe a meet up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Father's Day June 19, Vancouver BC (foggy123)

Don't know about the meet up. I've got 2 kids so scheduling anything is sketchy, but directions sure. Name a few places in Van that you do know and I'll rough out a route plan tomorrow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Father's Day June 19, Vancouver BC (Just Riding Along)

How about Cecils, Brandis or the PNE? I'd riding up from the border so just need to where to turn. I'm sure there are signs but the more info the better.

Thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Father's Day June 19, Vancouver BC (foggy123)

If you know how to get to the PNE then it's pretty easy.

Instead of turning off the Trans Canada you keep heading North over the Second Narrows bridge.
Take the first exit, to Main Street.
Head west on Main, and you'll come up to a big hill. Jog left to the Low Level Rd.
Follow Low Level Rd till you see a park on your left, and the road curves up and right, that's Forbes.
You want to hang a sharp left there, like you're headed for the Marina.
Then you just work your way along the access road, over the railway tracks and up into the park.
Usually they corral the bikes in the North East Corner. That'll take 15 minutes from the PNE.

If you're early you can also shoot up the Sea to Sky for fun, but be warned that it's all construction from Horseshoe Bay to Lions Bay. The pavement's fine but there's no passing, and the speed limit's been lowered.

http://www.ducatimeccanica.com....html

Modified by Just Riding Along at 4:02 PM 6/14/2005

1 - 5 of 5 Posts