Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... i know it's not RC related, but surely people here might know..

I'm looking at helping my buddy revalve his F4i forks. How hard is this to do? I have fairly good mechanical skills, so I am mainly wondering if ya need special tools etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Surely SOMEONE here has done this?

Anyone?

He doesn't have the $$ to send them off, either.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: F4i fork work (theman1990)

Yes I have done it. And I right after I finished it I brought it to an expert. I too have good Mech skills but doing that the first time and trying to go off of instructions sucked. I dont think I will ever attempt to do my own again. Internals of the forks and shock I leave for the pros. This is just my
it is worth it to have someone else do it. You could jerry rig some of the tools or suggested tools if you wanted. Make sure you get the stacks right. You will need a gage to measure the shims. Other than that I think if you have the basic tool kit you will be fine on tools needed. A vice is nice to have as well. Good luck if you try to do it. Again it is worth it to let a pro do it and perhaps learn from him so you can do it right next time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhh....so there's a lot more to it than just pulling the old valves off, and putting new ones on?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts