Speedzilla Forums banner

F/S Mental's 998s/FE

5K views 52 replies 0 participants last post by  Guest 
G
#1 ·
To make a long story short.... I've got to sell my 998s/FE.

You all know the bike. I paid $21,000.00 out the door last September and I’ve put another 6 or 7 grand into it. I need $19,500.00 to get out from under it. I have lots of extra stuff to go with it. If you'd like to see a list of the mods and some pics, I can e-mail them to you.

It's a lot of money, so it probably won't sell anyway.

Life goes on.

See less See more
G
#5 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (ducatiwheelie)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ducatiwheelie »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">why ya selling her???? </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's a thought..... I could sell her (the wife) and keep the bike.

Hmmmmmmmmm.

G
#6 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (Mental998)

I wish I had the scratch to buy her (the FE that is)! I'm sorry to hear you have to part ways. Hopefully someone will give her a nice home. I always looked forward to reading/seeing the mods you did her.... I will miss that the most.
(I'm sure others will too.)

G
#7 ·

I have noticed less posts from you than usual. If you really are going to sell it, you probably should part out the aftermarket pieces. If they are on the bike, people expect them for nothing, but sold alone they will pay lots.....like those ten spokes for example.

G
#9 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (andito77)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by andito77 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How soon do you need to part ways with it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't need the money, so I don't have to sell it.

I'm selling it for other reasons.

G
#10 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I'm selling it for other reasons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

None that are popular it sounds like.

G
#11 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (Phil 998)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Phil 998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">None that are popular it sounds like.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup.

G
#13 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't need the money, so I don't have to sell it.
I'm selling it for other reasons. </TD></TR></TABLE>

you could try bicycle ridign shorts with the Chamois liner and Preperation H
It is cheaper than losing a passion !

G
#14 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (throttlehead)

Always figured no reason was good enough to give up my bike....
the only one I could ever think of is "its dangerous" and thats why
God invented life insurance to insure lovedones are paid for
should I get hurt.

Bum deal - love the FE.

G
#15 ·

Sucks you have to sell the bike man. I may be in a similar situation soon. Do you have any extra body work you would sell? Buddy just lowsided his Bayliss.

Thanks

G
#16 ·

that is a bummer to hear. it obvious you are a serious ducati junkie
! If you are committed to selling it i agree that you should put it back to stock and sell off all your bling
parts sperately. I am sure there are plenty of folks on here who are eager to score more ducati
upgrades, and selling a stock FE should be super easy! Let us know what you end up doing. I do hope you keep it though!

G
#20 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmmmmmmmm.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well technically, there are alot more women out there than there are 998FE's ................

Im sorry to hear you have to part with your bike Layne , working on it got you through some very tough times but I guess you have to do what you have to do.
Hope it all works out for you in the end.

G
#22 ·
Re: (Holeshot)

damn!! i never thought u would sell
u should really think about it!. ur the man when it comes to mods. thanks for all ur tips
if u ever decide to sell the nichols flywheel, ill be more then happy to buy fromm ya!

G
#23 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To make a long story short.... I've got to sell my 998s/FE.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Layne that is the short of a long story. You will get the cash you are asking for your bike. I hope this is not the end but the begining of of a new two wheeled adventure but my heart is heavy with this thought.....

Good Luck Layne...........

G
#24 ·

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mental998 »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hmmmmmmmmm.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

What's the year and the mile’s (On the wife)
you can just trade her in for a new one

PS I always thought you had the coolest wife letting you get away with all the madness you been doing.

Anyway best of luck

G
#25 ·
Re: F/S Mental's 998s/FE (Drei)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drei »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> I always thought you had the coolest wife letting you get away with all the madness you been doing. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah.... that's the mistake I made.....I thought the same thing.

Live and learn.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.