Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm not super confident that I'm making the right decision in selling my RC51. I do love the RC51 and its perfect. But I want to try out a few others and just don't have the space or time to dedicate to starting a stable like I see some of you lucky guys have on here.

On to the bike. In my opinion it's gotta be one of the cleanest / lowest mileage RC51s you'll ever find. I have tons of pictures of this bike PM your email if you want to see more.

This listing is for a 2005 Honda RC51 - RVT1000/SP2. This bike has very low miles (4578 miles), is super clean and is in excellent / showroom condition. It is getting harder and harder to find these bikes that have not been chopped up by young riders eager to try out their fathers dremel tool set and install their first undertail kit. This bike has NO permanent modifications!

This bike comes with the following items:

* Dual Jardine “RT-One” carbon fiber slipon exhaust system (great performance, look & sound)
* Tool kit (this is the Honda RC51 kit and stores in the tail section)
* Rear passenger seat (I have never used this)
* Power Commander (Custom fuel mapped)
* Honda RC51 Service Manual (Thick / Large Book….details everything)
* OSRAM 65W High Beam (I have not installed…superbright High Beam Bulb)
* Rear spools installed and I’m including my Pit Bull rear stand (very cool)
* (3) Honda Ignition Keys (always good to have spares)
* I’ll hand over all maintenance records I have from the dealership
* 1:18 Scale Repsol Honda Team Bike - To put on your desk when not riding

I have treated this bike like gold. Never tracked, dropped or even ridden hard. It was recently serviced / safety inspected (I have all paperwork in hand) by local Honda dealership. It is running Hondas pro synthetic oil HP4S which they describe as their, “crown jewel” of the pro Honda oils. The RC51 loves this oil…it even dropped my running temperature! The Honda dealer also fitted a high flow oil filter during the last service. Honda dealer installed Michelin CT2 tires front and rear approx 450 miles ago…tire nipples (hairs) are still very prominent…you’d think the tires were installed yesterday.

If you are still reading this ad it should be apparent that I love this bike and do honestly care for it. With that said, I am not allowing any test pilots whatsoever….I’ve just heard too many horror stories. Instead I will bring this bike to any Honda dealer in the Charlotte, NC area (your choice) and have them perform a top to bottom inspection to assure you this bike is exactly as I have described it…I trust the dealer can provide you with both written and verbal confirmation as to the condition. (this will be at the buyers expense). Viewers are welcome…just no test pilots.

I’m not very interested in haggling on the price but will consider a serious offer. It’s very easy to find an RC51 in worse condition that will save you a lot of money. So if price is a huge concern you may want to look at other RC51 listings. A local buyer is preferable to avoid issues / challenges involved with shipping.

Price
$8500 OR BEST OFFER
** BIKE IS SOLD **

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stunna....yeah long time lurker...but just got around to registering.

·
Old School
43 Posts
There's something about that bike that appeals to me...:D

Beautiful. Sell the Sporty instead. If you sell the RC, you will regret it forever. Sportsters are everywhere. RC51's? Not so much.

·
Registered
152 Posts
wow that's clean. This is exactly what I'm looking for, in a while though. I'm sure you won't have problems selling it. Good luck
:woot:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Westy, so YOU'RE the one with that listing on ebay. Can you let me know how it goes? I'm thinking of selling mine (also an '05) and I'm always checking out the prices on ebay but I always miss the ending prices.

Good luck with the sale...let me know if you have a buyer who wants a set of RC51 twins and maybe we can work a package deal. ;)

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys!

@askela it's clean all right! Sorry our timing wasn't better.

@Swodi....yep that's me too on ebay I put 24 pictures of it on ebay (see user names are near identical). Been getting inquiries / offers but all from out of state so far.

@rookierc51...thanks man!

Why is a knot forming in my stomach the more inquiries / offers that come in on this bike? :confused:

Westy

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Thanks guys!

Why is a knot forming in my stomach the more inquiries / offers that come in on this bike? :confused:

Westy
Because it is MINT and it is SINISTER and it is unmolested and because you will not find another one as cherry !

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind reply / feedback on the bike guys.

@wingnutt - I agree I will not find another one ever again in this condition. It's keeping me up at night (literally)...you don't realize the attachment until you put something like this up for sale. Bad decision or not I think I want to sell it.

@razr51 - yeah probably so. But someone else will be getting a pristine RC51...in a weird way that make me feel good.

I've got few locals inquiring and a few loooong distance guys floating offers. The bike is still available. If you are thinking about it reach out to me with an offer. Happy to work with the right buyer to give this RC51 a new home.

I regret waiting so long to become a member here.

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Thanks for the kind reply / feedback on the bike guys.

I regret waiting so long to become a member here.

Consider yourself lucky ... hanging around this place made it a breeze to dump $10+ K into mine :wacky

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My west coast buyer with an offer on the table has had to pull back. The bike is officially still available.

I'm actually going to look at a new ride myself today. I'll be a little more motivated to sell this RC51 if I buy another bike today.

If you are looking at this ad and "thinking about it" just shoot me an offer. I'd be happy to work with you to make it stick. Price is negotiable (OBO). ANd I'm sure we can figure out a deposit / lay away for a short time if you don't have all the funds today.

Talk to me guys.

·
I miss Vegas... :(
343 Posts
Not being a doosh here but have you looked at some of the other bikes for sale on the forum?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@1BadRC51 noone should be offended by me asking for a, "best offer". There is some way cool rides on here no doubt. Dudes are looking for $11.5 for near new 06 models on eBay. Check for yourself. The offers I've received to date tell me I'm in the correct ballpark. I've only had the bike listed for 1 week. It's on eBay, craigslist, cycletrader and here. It's pretty cool most of the dudes that have contacted me are rc51 aficianados...in fact they are prob members here. I bought a ducati yesterday and I'm ready to sell this rc. If you know someone looking for the cleanest rc51 in the USA send them my way.

·
343 Posts
Who said anything about being offended?

If you know someone looking for the cleanest rc51 in the USA send them my way.
lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@1BadRC51 you my friend are awesome. Keep those useful comments to my sales thread coming.

·
343 Posts
It's hard to feel bad seeing as how this is the first and only thread you've ever participated in in the forum.

Besides, you're getting free bumps out of it, so don't complain.

@Westy, I think you're awesome too.

(but what else could I expect from a guy riding the cleanest and lowest mileage RC51 in the entire United States of America):rockon

Anyways, like I said, I really wasn't trying to be a jerk or screw up the imminent sale that is about to happen here but I had to ask my original question because I really had thought you didn't browse the forum b4 posting this. Although you do have that rear seat and toolkit...:notworthy

Ok dude, I'm sorry, truly. Good luck with the sale. :D

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@1BadRC51

Too funny...your path to seniority and the increased thread count comes by ridiculing new members simply looking to sell a bike at the same time you are trying to....brutal...I'm suprised a mod hasn't quieted your antics. You have no interest in buying my bike but you continue to post on my thread.

You are one of these owners that doesn't understand why you can't get the money out of your bike after making significant mods....what are you new?

My bike has been for sale for just 1 week now and I'm very satified with interest level and positive feedback on both the bike and the price. If you weren't so busy being a douche (yes you spelt it wrong) you could have followed my auction on ebay as well and see I've already had a bid at $7k (over 700 views, 40+ auction followers and 1 final bid)...additionally I have entertained both in state and out of state offers via email in the high 7s low 8s.

I'm fine waiting for my right buyer...and lets be clear...my right buyer would never be interested in your RC51 and vice versa.

I have my own views on your bike but I'm not trying to bash your ride or discouarge people from buying it by cluttering up your sales thread....we leave that to cool guys like you.

Sorry my bike is clean with low miles....I split riding time between multiple bikes. But then again looks like your bike has the lowest miles in america and an owner thats pretty handy with a cleaning rag.

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
Nice looking bike, the '05s are my favorite. I wish that mine didn't have the word racing written on it. Stupidest thing ever to have written on a bike.

Not that I really want to join in on the gangbang, but here is my two cents: Your bike is five years old with 4.5k miles and in very nice condition. I bought my '03 in '08 when it was five years old in equally nice condition with 3.1k miles. I paid $7800 and it came with about $1k worth of extra gear. The market in '08 was much higher than it is now. Looking at some of the nicely set up RC's that have been for sale, and sold after I bought mine, I feel that I overpaid by at least $1k. But that is mostly due to the change in the market.

If you are selling a five year old bike for 85% of the msrp, be patient because this is your competition: http://www.speedzilla.com/forums/honda-sport-twins-classifieds/61047-2004-nicky-rc51-tons-goodies.html He has (by my rough estimate) about $8k worth of extras on his bike. There is no way in hell that your bike sells here before his does.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts