Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
F/S 2002 Ducati 998 - 10K miles- $7700 Stock

Hello all,

I have decided to sell my beloved 998. I have had this amazing machine since 2700 miles. The bike has never had ANY issues, I have never had any accidents, tip over or the usual " low side in the drive way".
The bike is bone stock except the following:

- 1/2 Ti Termi system with Ducati Performance ECU.
- Carbon Hugger
- Carbon Exhaust shield

Motul 300V oil changed every 1000 miles (yes I know its excessive but this bike was supposed to stay in my family forever)

The Belt/Valve service was done at 6000 Miles by Local Ducati dealer.

Reason for sale is this, the bike has been sitting in the living room for months (See Picture), I take it outside once every month and give it a heat cycle. Ever since my Aprilia RS250 track bike purchase, I no longer have use for a street bike.

IMHO it is one of the few unmolested, unwheelied (cant do wheelies, they scare me) unraced/Untracked 998 around.

I am not looking for someone who can offer me $6000 for a $8500 bike. I am selling this to someone who is willing to make a respectable offer for a truly timeless motorcycle.
If the bike doesnt sell in the next couple of months, i will hold it till next summer and sell it on cycletyrader-Ebay etc.

If you have ever wanted a 996/998, don't let this clean example pass you buy, you will not regret it, I have loved every minute of the last 5 years.

I have title in hand, Cash or Confirmed Cashiers checks ONLY.

I have decided to sell the bike in Stock form (Stock Exhaust and computer).
Now asking $7700

·
Registered
163 Posts
She's a beauty! She also looks great as a piece of Art in your foyer/livingroom. all you need is a glass case.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have found another "Toy" Locally and am open to offers.

Once the "toy" is off the market and I am not able to buy it, the 998 will stay in the living room till next spring/summer

·
Panigaliscious
9,103 Posts
Just when I'm ready to give up bikes after having them for 25 years, something like this pops up. Thanks a lot.;)

Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have decided to sell the bike in Stock form (Stock Exhaust and Ducati computer).
Now asking $7700

1 - 12 of 12 Posts