Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to do the Buell type exhaust modification and was wondering if anyone has done the same. I'm worried that if I cut down the canister will this have a negative effect on performance. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Buell style exhaust on the Hawk

I took a Vance + Hines SST repackable, chopped, and added some baffles. It did not improve performance, but it did not seem to slow it down either...
It is flippin LOUD! It improved the look of the bike, and eliminated the shortened passenger footpeg used for the left-side high pipe I had.

I can take pictures If you are truly interested.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Exhaust and bike pics - Bros507

General goodies: ’93 F2 front end and clip-ons, EBC pro-lite oversize rotors, SS brake lines, 2-color LED turn signals in clear lenses housings front and back (front has custom SS clamps), fan override, painted engine cases, CBR900 rear shock, VFR rear rim mounted using 2-piece stainless studs to Hawk spindle, undertail lic. plate with LEDs, Corbin seat, rear brake line through swingarm, 520 chain conversion - 16/42 ratio, coffee cup holder – (behind rt rearset – I commute, and I love my Tim Hortons coffee –
) 180 rear tire. (completely unnecessary, but looks great)

Engine: +3mm Wiseco pistons, 174 cam, slotted cam sprockets, heads filled and smoothed by JD, larger intakes, balanced crank, pod filters, #160 main jets

Exhaust: TBR outlet pipes. Vance+Hines SST can modified; 2-into-one inlet, 3” of internal baffles inside of resonator section, glass-pack rear section, custom stainless exit pipe. Hanger is modified TBR from a C5 can with a piece of leather belt for heat and wear resistance.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey thanks everyone for the help. Hord I was wondering if I bought the M4 aluminum exhaust from you would you consider doing the mod for a little extra. You can reach me at [email protected] if you want to discuss particulars. I've also tried to order from your site but couldn't get a price quote to an APO (armed forces postal office). Thanks again for all you help!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts