Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ive been looking to get a full system for my sp1 but im not after the normal akra two brothers etc im after something abit different ive contemplated a 2-1 tsukgi but i think a sp/rc should run 2-2 pipes i think it just evens the look up for me personally.
im not chasing high hp gains in after pure sexy looks and not a system or cans that everyone else has i was going to have a nice pair of sato low mounts on akra headers but now the satos arnt made anymore i thought id try for something else.
what are these ladybird exhausts and a few years ago tsr used to make a system are these still around?
any help would be great

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Check this place out: Japan.webike.net

Just be ready to be repeatedly tempted!!!

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
I am trying to get a full system made for the SP-1/2

I now have a full titanium Ethos(which was actually made by ladybird's exhaust maker in 2000 which is Ironic!) its easier to copy a ready made system than to design a new one,although they actually made a full SP-2 system for arata back in 2003 or so but the power wasnt there so they just sold the slip ons..and also the exhaust maker has an SP-2 at their factory which is a good thing

but the trouble is convincing them now as well as other comitments.

I actually helped to get the RC45 system made(it was my decision it was a dual system,as they had both single and dual HRC -nakagawa san asked for my advice-and being carbon etc)

and I helped pay the development costs with nakagawa san at Ladybird

Trouble is the other sales are terrible,and with the horrible situation in japan it's hard to get them to commit to another exhaust where the sales might be pathetic(maybe 10 guys here will buy one and thats it...)

I will try to push him but again I dont want it to be a personal loss like the RC45 system
I hope you guys understand that this is a labour of love from all parties involved,and I have promised a full system since 2006 so I want to keep my word,but not at others expenses.
will see how it turns

Hey Simon,

Can't thank You enough for Your efforts!:notworthy :clapper

FWIW,... IF they do decide on making some,.. I sure hope it Will be the HIGH mounts!....?

Peace Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
still working on the ladybird titanium full system.
But its a lot of effort to get nakagawa san at ladybird to commit!
Exhaust sales are pathetic now,so all parties are a bit cautious to commit,but will keep going ahead(the RC45 system hasnt sold much-as expected,but thought a few more people would like a beautifully made exhaust for the bike!)

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
of course!but to the japanese guys there isnt much difference!its an older bike,not sold well in japan and not popular-except to a few enthusiasts.

Like I said maybe 10 guys here would be keen(rabid more like) but other sales would be pretty slim probably,and i don't want to push and bullshit that it will sell by the truckloads,thus commiting to the jigs etc(not cheap)
anyway will try my best,but i am not going to push too much.if they want to make it it will be made(up to them basically)

if there were some pre orders maybe it would help,but i expect maybe 5 or 6 at the most commiting so thats not really an option!

I want to see this made,as it would be wicked,but when they are ready and willing.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
well I;m not buying up great rc51's with sick parts for nothing Simone. I know have an akra full system (PEDESTRIAN version), two yosh fulls, a sp2 header mated to sato mids and my new fav is the Mori race system I found of another member (now with spares). I'd trade it all for the holy grail man!:rockon

·
TOP GUN Instructor
5,717 Posts
Hey Simon,

Depending upon the >$$< I would be interested!

What's this about the "jigs" though? Please don't tell me they just go and throw them all away, when all is said an done!...?

Also Simon,
I'm wondering about this with You're comments about the RC45 exhaust You had made... This IS the FIRST I've even heard about it.
I BET, If you had some Better advertising about them... They would sell better! Yes/No?

Peace Jeff

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I recently got to see and hold a Ti Tsukgi oversized full header in my hand and it is beautiful and incredibly light! I also got to hear the low-mount full Ti Tsukgi 2-1 system idiling the same day and it is awesome!

If I had a built motor and needed a larger diameter full exhaust system, this would definately be one of my top choices short of the Akra SBK system.

But I agree with you Rick that the 2-2 or 2-1/LH high mount exhaust is definately the best looking exhaust option for the RC/SP.

Stunna
ok ive been looking to get a full system for my sp1 but im not after the normal akra two brothers etc im after something abit different ive contemplated a 2-1 tsukgi but i think a sp/rc should run 2-2 pipes i think it just evens the look up for me personally.
im not chasing high hp gains in after pure sexy looks and not a system or cans that everyone else has i was going to have a nice pair of sato low mounts on akra headers but now the satos arnt made anymore i thought id try for something else.
what are these ladybird exhausts and a few years ago tsr used to make a system are these still around?
any help would be great

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ive spoken to tsukigi a few times but they cant tell me what difference there pipe makes and the oversize pipes look gorgeous.
did the pipe fit well.
ive had a few tsukigi pipes on ther bikes gsxr1000 blade etc and the build quality is just perfect. but im still not 100% on a 2-1 its alot of money to spend then not to like the look of it

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
ive spoken to tsukigi a few times but they cant tell me what difference there pipe makes and the oversize pipes look gorgeous.
did the pipe fit well.
ive had a few tsukigi pipes on ther bikes gsxr1000 blade etc and the build quality is just perfect. but im still not 100% on a 2-1 its alot of money to spend then not to like the look of it
Gorgeous is an understatement! :rockon

Stunna

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but does anyone know if the tsukigi is like most other 2-1 pipes and flawed with midrange fueling problems.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
also does anyone on here know someone whos got one fitted to there rc and had dyno time and got it set up rite was there any power gains

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
you are right mate.
bit slack on exporting these days due to the exchange rate.will push to get the RC51 system made a bit more.
Jigs are owned by whichever company pay's for them.for example TIGCRAFT made the TSR SP-2 replica but since TSR owns the jigs nothing more can be done as maybe the jigs have been sent to TSR
Trust me I have asked many many times since 2006 about this

Hey Simon,

Depending upon the >$$< I would be interested!

What's this about the "jigs" though? Please don't tell me they just go and throw them all away, when all is said an done!...?

Also Simon,
I'm wondering about this with You're comments about the RC45 exhaust You had made... This IS the FIRST I've even heard about it.
I BET, If you had some Better advertising about them... They would sell better! Yes/No?

Peace Jeff

·
Premium Member
3,874 Posts
well I;m not buying up great rc51's with sick parts for nothing Simone. I know have an akra full system (PEDESTRIAN version), two yosh fulls, a sp2 header mated to sato mids and my new fav is the Mori race system I found of another member (now with spares). I'd trade it all for the holy grail man!:rockon
I will try man
it's my dream too to have a beautiful full titanium system for the SP-1/2
will push a bit more
ladybird wanted an exact HRC replica but the exhaust maker said it was too difficult(some of the the akra bends had been made by hyrdoforming and the japanese don't have that technoloy-at least not for exhaust systems) so he has kind of lost interest,but I will try to rear him back

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
but does anyone know if the tsukigi is like most other 2-1 pipes and flawed with midrange fueling problems.
Hey Rick the person I met with the Tsukigi didn't build it himself or have the dyno results to share, but when I take my bike up to Erion Honda for tuning Im going to invite him to have his bike re-dyno'd as well to answer that exact question.

I know that Damon Stewart recently helped to design a 2-1 full system that he has had good results with from what I understand. The difference may be in the level of the build of the motor in order to be able to tune out the flat spots?

I've never seen another RC with this exhaust.

Stunna

1 - 20 of 41 Posts