Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondered if there was any history of the side stand mod crapping out? I'm trying to track down some issue that i thought was just battery related.

symptom- ignition on / guages light / neutral and oil light on / fuel primes / starter pressed.....I get one click

raised the stand and attempted to start- no deal

any help floating around?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: EVO side stand mod ever quit on you ? (throttlehead)

IM sent throttle, make sure first off that all connections TIGHT, check the solenoid conections in particular.

Try the bypass wire on the stand connection just to rule it out for sure, process of elimination.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: EVO side stand mod ever quit on you ? (Monstaman)

thanks for the IM...i'll give it a go.......i'm about ready to eliminate something alright

i got the idea to flip the key on and off to reset the ignition kill if that happened....but i've done that 20 times by now also.

will a bump start work even if the starter is bad? or rule it out?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

A bump start will do it, if it runs then it is either solenoid or starter or a connection in between.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

How about removing the evo mod? BTW, my company had a number of returns as well as out of box failures of side stand mods sold to customers, so I chose to stop selling them.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I had a weird intermittent problem on my 998 after I installed it. I cut off all of the EVO connectors and found some that fit the Duc connectors a bit tighter. Never had an issue after that.

Mine would also have some throttle hesitation and try and buck me off the bike, like in middle of a turn

If you you always check to make sure that you're in N before you start the bike, I think Mental and Phil 998 have shown how to jump the wire and bypass the kickstand all together.

Good Luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts