Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Disregarding the MotoGP Jerez last lap controversy entirely...

Shinya Nakano's fifth place finish on the Kawasaki was...IMHO...absolutely awesome. What a turn around for that team. Best of luck to them this year!

Troy Bayliss' 6th place finish bested Colin Edward by three places...both on bikes they were racing for the first time. It will be interesting to compare how these two do against each other this year. Considering Troy is not on the #1 Honda factory team, and Colin is on the #1 Yamaha factory team... Superb result, Troy!

I expect Makoto Tamada to continue to climb up the rankings as he adjusts to his Michelin's (I think he ran Bridgestone's last year).

Concerned about Loris Capirossi, finishing 23 seconds behind Carlos Checa. I didn't get to glimpse much of either of them during the live coverage...wonder what happened.

And finally...I'm sure the Blata WCM team really wishes their V6 was further along in development. When they do bring it on, I hope they will at least be able to finish on the same lap as everyone else.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Ever so slightly on topic... (998R)

I agree with your post. I think Cap may have been slowed by the pain in his ankle. Checa still recovering from his shoulder. While I am a Ducati fan, I did like to see Troy B spanking the Duc boys though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Ever so slightly on topic... (996pilot)

I think Ducati may be throwing the season away if they continue to use the auto shift-brake-clutch thingamadoohickey, which keeps putting the riders on their earholes. Both factory riders are nicked up from this thing. Let the test riders test that thing, & when it stops breaking bones, then and only then, give it to the factory riders.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Ever so slightly on topic... (number_nine)

I'm really glad to see Bayliss pull out a result. It would be a shame to see a rags to riches guy like him not go on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts