Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
2,737 Posts
Around my area in Wisconsin we're forced to use this crap. 10% Ethanol.

Poorer performance and economy by 2-3 mpg. Cars and bikes idle poorly as there just isn't much energy in this swill. About 15 miles away, there is another county that dosen't have the epa mandate for this junk. My car and my Duc run better on the non reformulated gas.

The real downside is that the ethanol just loves to attack steel components within the fuel system. It does a nice number on zinc plated fuel lines also. This will cause rust which builds up in the fuel filter, and eventually clogs injectors. Most newer vehicles have all stainless steel fuel components to be more compatible with gasohol.

If you can avoid it do so!!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The real downside is that the ethanol just loves to attack steel components within the fuel system. It does a nice number on zinc plated fuel lines also. This will cause rust which builds up in the fuel filter, and eventually clogs injectors. Most newer vehicles have all stainless steel fuel components to be more compatible with gasohol.
ive been reading about it and 10% seems to be the borderline and anything higher than that would do some damage. i was curious because some statons are mixing the stuff but dont advertise as so. reason being is that advertising for it just pushes up costs. mostly, it seems, this is being done by some smaller players in the petroleum industry. i really dont like to mention any but im going to make sure i dont put it in my bike.

for environment preservation maybe id let it slide with my car.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts