Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Estoril FP1 (999)

Looks like Colin may have heard the wake up call! Hopper too, hmm, wonder if he can go the distance?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Estoril FP1 (Marc Gif)

big suprise Sete doesnt seem to be that injured afterall
. Nicky crashed or something at the end of fp2, all i saw was him walking through the gravel behind track workers puching his bike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Barros is the only one with a TON of consistant laps in the 1:38s and a TON in the 1:39s while the rest of the field had at the most 7 laps in the 1:39, no one else in the 1:38s. I think Barros MIGHT have this in the bag, lets see what Rossi pulls out of his arse tomorrow during QP1.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey has anyone seenthe flap betweenthe preisdent of FIM and Sete's team..I guess Gresini publicly responed to a letter sent to him by the prez of FIM. I didnt see the text off all the letters...

I guess FIM will do all it can to pretect it's big "star"....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (rcmc)

Mr Zerbi´s letter had invited the riders to reflect upon the incident, and to remain as positive examples for all MotoGP fans – asking them to fight fairly and without will of revenge. The FIM President also wrote that he didn’t see any infringement to the rules, but stressed that this kind of situation shouldn’t be repeated

The comments made by Gresini were:
“I fully agree with President Zerbi about the fact that sportsmanship is the most important thing. There’s no room for bitter feelings between two great riders, but in the meantime, I’m still perplex.”

“In this letter, Sete and Valentino are treated equally as if Sete had some responsibility in the facts, and I can’t agree with that. I believe there is a contradiction when the FIM president writes ‘there isn’t anything to reproach you for from a legal point of view’, and then warns that what happened in Jerez must not occur again.”

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (bsess)

FIM letters are often laden with doublespeak. Maybe it's a translation thing or a cultural thing. Or maybe they are just completely secure in their two-facedness.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh.....just the usual FIM gibberish....

"The rider did not do anything wrong and, by the way, we have cautioned his team to not do it again"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (roadkill)

Barros is still top zombie after Qualifying. The Ducatis perked up at the end and Nicky is 5th fastest Honda. It looks like Tamada crashed early on, and Bayliss is still hurting from yesterday's crash! Discuss amongst yourselves!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: (999)

post qualifying interviews Sete was already talking himself out of winning. he crashed early and was saing it will be hard to hold the pace sunday and hopefully can get some points. or maybe he's laying the bs on pretty thick

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (DougS.)

Kind of a threadjack.

Where do get those time sheets. Do you have to subscibe to get them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (TLSer)

motogp.com on the right you can see a link for "results"

they have datasheets for EVERYTHING.. seriously, you'll be impressed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: (rcmc)

Reply by M. Francesco Zerbi:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dear Mr Gresini,

I should not respond personally to your open letter given to the press, but through the intermediary of my lawyers; however, considering that I subscribe to the rules of courtesy and that I believe private life is a right that no-one can deny, I am not going to enter into a controversy – an easy one given the ridiculous arguments in your letter.
The only thing that I want to stress and which, as a man, mortifies me is that I am mistaken in my judgment of men. And that I say on an individual level far more than on an institutional level.

With much bitterness,

Francesco Zerbi
FIM President

NB: I am sending this letter to the press because your employee, by violating all principles of education, more so than of law, did not hesitate to betray the confidence that had been granted to him. </TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts