Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 04 RC with 4000 miles on it and I have noticed a few things that have been bothering me. First when i just want to cruse in 3rd gear at between 30-40 my rpms are around 3200-3750 and the engin feels like it is knocking but when I give it more gas it will stop and the knocking go away. Also sometimes when I start out of 1st gear if i dont fether the clutch till about 18-25 mph the engin will feel like it is knocking I just wanted to know if this was normal or should I take it to the stealership. Oh and i also have Jardine slipons with a sato map on my pc3r could it be a bad map causing this or should I take it to the dealership.
thanks in advance
-Tony

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got my 05 and I noticed the same thing on the first ride, it sounds real bad when the revs don't match the gear.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Listen to Wild Child. 30-40 is way too low a speed, and hence RPM.
Use second and try to stay above at least 3500.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Engin Trouble (fattony)

I think I had the samething happen around that RPM when I first started riding the RC. The RPM you mention is also the perfect spot for it to surge and wants to buck you off. The noise you are hearing isn't knock but lack of more revs. Well hopefully someone with better engine knowlegde will chime in a give better feedback.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sometimes I actually ride in 1st until about 35 around town LOL, I just dont like the chugging/bucking she does when you lug her like that. try and keep it 3500+ and yes, even around town LOL. Depending on your exhaust, she may ungodly loud in a small town @ 35 in 1st, but god its a goood noise isnt it? Besides...the cagers tend to notice you more when yer rattling thier windows hehe

And yes, I had (for the first ride) similar issues as you. Just drop her a gear lower, and enjoy !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Ozone)

Even with pipes and pc3r and stock gearing 3500 rpms is on the verge of lugging if you're in 4th gear or higher. 1st gear is fine at 3500 rpms.

My buddy who is a trackaholic rode my RC the other day and he was surprised at how friendly the Vtwin was, and commented that it "DOES NOT LIKE IT" below 4000 rpms.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (Darth Humungus)

thanks guys I glad to know its not just my bike, and i did notice that i would have to drive it around 4-5000 rpm before i shift around town, i can careless if its loud i want people to know im comming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts