Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm in the market for a new daily driver and i'm thinking about maybe getting a minivan so i can transport my bike inside for track days. does anyone have any recommendations? i'd like to keep it under $20k if at all possible. maybe the honda element? will a 748 fit inside one of those?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: enclosed bike transport (slowpoke)

You will have to check out the particular minivan to see if your bike will fit. If you get a Chevrolet Astro, it will fit. They are a lot bigger, more like a midivan. They also have great tie down points when you remove the rear seats. Big plus is they also have a much larger tow rating than the average minivan if you decide to get a trailer.

Paul

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: enclosed bike transport (slowpoke)

buy a $4k truck, $4k trailer, and another $12k bike.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (casjoker)

Take all 20K and bet it on black.......take your 40K now and bet on #11 (36X odds)...you now have 1.4 million....buy us all minivans or hookers...or some combination thereof

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fitting a bike in a honda element?

Smallest van you should be looking at is the Chevy Astro. Better to just buy a full size cargo van.

Or spend 15K on a pickup and $2200 for a 6X12 enclosed.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: (trussdude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by trussdude »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually, betting on #11 is only 35 to 1</TD></TR></TABLE>

See why I don't want to play poker with you guys?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got a 5x8 trailer I will let go real cheap

</TD></TR></TABLE>

My tool box won't fit in that one

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I own a 748, and my wife has an Element. I've never tried, but I doubt there's enough top to bottom clearance to get it in the back. But, you can get 5 black Labs covered in mud and leaves in there, and it cleans up pretty easy. After my initial hesitation to warm up to the Element, it's definitely growing on me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Re: (sp2pilot)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sp2pilot »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

My tool box won't fit in that one
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Neither will all the crashed pieces of bike plastic you've left littered on the West Coast

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Re: Re: (LDH)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LDH »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Neither will all the crashed pieces of bike plastic you've left littered on the West Coast</TD></TR></TABLE>

1 - 17 of 17 Posts