Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Enjoy your narrow as an arrow V4 Elena... they ain't fat line I4s...

Quote Speed:
MOTO-RACING - AMA SS: Myers Invited To Ride MotoGP Bike At Valencia - SPEED.com

The Rizla Suzuki MotoGP team has invited AMA Pro Racing SuperSport race
winner Elena Myers to ride a factory GSV-R racebike in Valencia, Spain
following the final MotoGP event of the 2010 season.

The offer was made after 16-year-old Myers was invited to tour the Rizla
Suzuki pit garage during the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway
Laguna Seca last weekend.

“We saw that she was doing quite well over here on her Suzuki,” said Tim
Walpole, Rizla Suzuki MotoGP Press and PR Officer. “So we thought she might
like to come by the box and get to meet the guys and have a look at how we
do things.”

“It blows my mind that people like that are kind of looking at me and the AMA
stuff,” said Myers, who rides for the Lucas Oil Roadracingworld.com RMR
Suzuki team. “To get this opportunity is a once in a lifetime kind of thing.”

When Myers arrived in Rizla Suzuki’s bustling garage, she was introduced to
MotoGP racer Loris Capirossi, who asked a lot of questions about her racing
and then immediately invited her to sit on one of his GSV-R racebikes.

“It felt really small,” said Myers, “but everything, all
the bars and levers and pegs were exactly where I wanted it. I was like, ‘I
could ride this thing right out of here.’

“It was really cool, especially talking to Capirossi. I have a lot of respect for
the guy but even more now that I’ve talked to him. I thought he was a really
down-to-earth guy. Talking to him was just crazy, to say the least.”

Myers also met Rizla Suzuki’s MotoGP rookie Alvaro Bautista, who explained
what all the switches and buttons on the GSV-R’s handlebars and dashboard
did.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Does anybody go to school anymore?? 16 yrs old and racing motorcycles. Thats why so many pro racers dont have a HS diploma. And dont mention home schooling cause thats all a load of crap.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Just because your wife is used to dealing with small doesn't mean all women want it small, Larry. Get over it.

Enjoy your narrow as an arrow V4 Elena... they ain't fat line I4s...
“It felt really small,”

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
Does anybody go to school anymore?? 16 yrs old and racing motorcycles. Thats why so many pro racers dont have a HS diploma. And dont mention home schooling cause thats all a load of crap.
U should talk to an MX racer once! Illiterate would be an understatement. And their career is over by 22 and they can barely walk making them almost unemployable.:eek:

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I think you meant a TouringGP bike, it is a V4 after all.... the REAL MotoGP bikes (the ones that win races and championships) are powered by I4s.... everyone knows that (well, everyone who is sane anyhow)....

·
Registered
358 Posts
The "Three stooges" comment again:banghead

Been watching WSBK retard?

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
Hey look, Aushole's back! Long time no ignore, lol BTW, despite not being able to read your comment (thank God for the ignore feature), I am almost certain you are giving support to my aforementioned theory about sane people, lol

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
Good for her! :clapper Living the dream but I wonder if it will ever become a reality for her? Don't know enough about her and her success to judge at this time.

Yes on the education front I completely agree but that is a major part of the celebrity lifestyle etal - no need for an education if you have money. How untrue, how untrue.

The MX example was a great one, another is pro football. The average pro football career last 3-5 yrs and the lifestyle, taxes, etal leave little for retirement.

The real money in sports, entertainment etc. for the majority of people is not in front of the camera but on the sidelines and behind it. Producers, coaches, agents etc have a longer lifespan in the chosen sport and can continue to do it long after the flavour of the day is retired and forgotten.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Just to be a cranky old man, can someone explain to me what qualifies her to ride a Moto GP bike other than she rides AMA and lacks a penis.......There are 100 people faster than her on any given weekend, but her gender gets her a ride. Not saying that's wrong, but ANYONE who denies it is drinking her publisist's Kool-Aide. Sheet, Cleetus Roberts can smoke her! :banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

·
Premium Member
4,339 Posts
Just to be a cranky old man, can someone explain to me what qualifies her to ride a Moto GP bike other than she rides AMA and lacks a penis.......There are 100 people faster than her on any given weekend, but her gender gets her a ride. Not saying that's wrong, but ANYONE who denies it is drinking her publisist's Kool-Aide. Sheet, Cleetus Roberts can smoke her! :banghead

Semper Fi! :rockon

-Rocky-

Deja-vu a' la Patrick. Its a double standard that exists everywhere.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I was at a track day at T-Hill in 2005 on my RS125 and Elena and her brother were out there on an RM85 with motard wheels...she was very quick then at 11.

Unlike some other women in Motorsports Elena backs it up..she is FAST!!!!
I think as it is now she smokes just about everyone in the AFM (and there are some fast dudes in AFM) and she is kicking ass in AMA.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts