Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Video - Electric Motorcycle Racing

The era of electric motorcycle racing has arrived, with the 2009 Isle of Man TT playing host to the TTXGP.
The machines for the world’s first clean emission race took to the legendary Mountain circuit on Tuesday afternoon for the first practice session around the 37.73-mile course.
Despite the doubters, 10 of the 14 starters made it around the TT course, and the speeds impressed all spectators.
Speeds in excess of 100mph were recorded on the Sulby straight, and the fastest machine round – Team Agni’s Pro Class entry – lapped at an average speed of 84.81mph.

·
Registered
607 Posts
If this is our future it is bleak and without passion. 100 mph, wow. That brings us right back to 1905.

·
2,737 Posts
As I yawn in electric bikes direction.

* I visualize cards clipped to the forks so they flap in the spokes.
Like I did when I was eight.

·
Stares at Goats
81 Posts
F electric motorcycles. Period. Even horses make more exciting noises when they're raced. Alternative fuels at least still give you the excitement of internal combustion engines....electrics are for children.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If Honda still hasn't built an electric racer it means feasible vehicles are still far away.
Mind I have absolutely nothing against electric vehicles, it just seems to me that until the battery problem is overcome it's just a waste of time.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
F electric motorcycles. Period. Even horses make more exciting noises when they're raced. Alternative fuels at least still give you the excitement of internal combustion engines....electrics are for children.
Only thing worst is a V4 Honda.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts