Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had my RR51 on the Monster for 1 year 3 months and it just bought the farm.
How long do these suckers typically last? Does anybody know the warantee period? I'm going to call Ducshop in Ga. tomorrow (closed today) and see what we can work out as that is where I got it from. I've heard good stuff about them (Ducshop) so hopefully everything will go dandy as this thing has to be track ready by the 20th.

Anybody got a spare kicking around for cheap? (two wire alternator)

Modified by Capt. Home Slice at 6:40 AM 8/8/2005

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Electrex Regulator reliability. (Capt. Home Slice)

I had an RR51 explode on me a few years ago, but they replaced it and the second regulator was fine for several years. It fried a couple months ago, apparently after my cheap piece-of-garbage Interstate battery shorted internally, so I replaced it with the latest part from Electrosport (Electrex renamed). I then decided to swap motors and install my '99 800 with a 3-wire alternator and regulator, so I have the practically new 2-wire regulator sitting in my garage - IM me if you're interested, I'll never use it again since my old '98 748 motor is now in pieces (I needed the transmission for my 996).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Electrex Regulator reliability. (Capt. Home Slice)

I got about a year on my electrex also. They did replace it for free though. I put the factory back in and keep the electrex as my spare. I only swapped it trying to do preventitive maintaince.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: Electrex Regulator reliability. (duckboy)

Well, I fired off a check to Jeff for the reg and it will arrive soon. But check this out. OEM Ducati part is way expensive, I won't list the price because it's friggen amazing. The Electrex (Electrosport) new is $170 and I found a company (Euromotoelectrics) that buys the electrex regs and sells them under their name, for $110. It's actually a Moto Guzzi OEM part. Recently Electrex/osport updated their regulators and I'm thinking that the Euromotoelectrics one is the old verson.

http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/frames.html

So I'm hopeing to heck that there are no additional electric problems with the M900 or my Gingerman weekend is flucked. I'll still have the 996 to ride but it's going to be hard to share that with my brother who will be driving 800 miles to visit and do the track days (hopefully) on the Monster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts