Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote »</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How can one side of a pit garage get tyre choice so right and the other so wrong? That's what many were asking after Valentino Rossi took his Gauloises Yamaha to victory in Sunday's Catalan Grand Prix while team-mate Colin Edwards limped home in seventh.

Despite showing podium pace through practice the American took a 'sly' gamble with his tyre choice for the race, which backfired and left him struggling for rear grip.

"We made a mistake by testing the race tyre (on Saturday) morning when the temperatures were much cooler than they were this afternoon," admitted Edwards afterwards. "We thought we were being sly by choosing a tyre only one other rider had but it didn't work out.

"I had no rear grip at full lean in the second half of the race, so I had to stand the bike up through the corners and ran wide all the time. It's a shame because we had a great front tyre but I couldn't push it. Not the best finish but we've learnt a lot of things that we will now take to Assen," he added.

Next time Colin, just go with whatever tyre Rossi chooses...</TD></TR></TABLE>

BEST QUOTE EVER!!! man did that ever make me laugh, so patronizing it isn't even funny

1 - 1 of 1 Posts