V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pick up the pace Yamaha ha ha... or Honda will steal Ben Spies away offering
him all the V4 power he wants...

Quote GP ONE

"Colin Edwards sent an email to Japan asking for help from Yamaha. The Texan
has thus far failed to come anywhere near his 2009 form, and the Tech3 rider
things the package he and Spies are using is the problem.

"We still have the 2009 chassis, and also the 2009 engine - the Texas
Tornado said - and we are always the slowest in top speed and acceleration.
Now that our home race is coming up, at Laguna Seca, I'd like to have better
material available so we can avoid an embarrassing performance in front of our
home crowd."

So it would seem that despite their outward appearances, the factory M1's of
Valentino Rossi and Jorge Lorenzo are fairly different from the satellite bikes
used by Hervé Poncharal's riders.

Colin, who is always very direct, has apparently received a positive response
from Japan. Perhaps helped by the fact that primary sponsor Monster's
biggest market is the United States."

·
Currently: Moderating
12,576 Posts
I can't read BLS's bullshit but Edwards has been complaining alot this year. Maybe he's just not fast anymore! And they DO have to make their engines last so it's possibly a good strategy to detune the satellite bikes if all the factory bikes start going boom at the end of the year and they start getting penalties. Edwards needs help, but Yamaha can't give him his old form back. That's up to him! Spies is doing just fine so stop making excuses.:woot:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I can't read BLS's bullshit but Edwards has been complaining alot this year. Maybe he's just not fast anymore! And they DO have to make their engines last so it's possibly a good strategy to detune the satellite bikes if all the factory bikes start going boom at the end of the year and they start getting penalties. Edwards needs help, but Yamaha can't give him his old form back. That's up to him! Spies is doing just fine so stop making excuses.:woot:
"Slowest in top speed and acceleration"!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I like how he is combining it to be "OUR" problem, by including Spies in there! Ummmm Colin, Spies is doing fine.. it might be YOU who is struggling! :rolleyes:

·
He with the senior member
5,671 Posts
That's funny!

Colin should check the official race time top speeds and averages for the 2010 races.

According to the Motogp speed stats, accurate to 0.1 MPH, the following is the reality of top speeds.

(Comparing the SATELLITE Yamaha of Spies or Edwards against the FASTEST bike for each event - including the works Ducatis and Hondas)

Quatar - < 2.5 MPH slower than fastest bike. Also, the fastest Yamaha!
Spain - < 2 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either works Suzuki V4
France - < 3 MPH slower than the fastest bike.
Italy - < 8 MPH slower than the fastest bike. Fastest Yamaha again! Also faster than any Honda or Suzuki V4.
British - < 4 MPH slower than fastest bike.
Assen - < 2.5 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either Suzuki V4
Catalunya - < 2 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either Suzuki V4.

I'd say in terms of top speed, he doesn't have much to complain about....

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
what about when Pedrosa was complaining about the Honda being a POS that was insanely twitchy on the straights? forgotten so soon? How's Suzuki doing with their V4?

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote Soup:
"Well down the speed charts but very high on the lap charts ...And how fast would Ben Spies be with a factory engine and or bike?"
end quote

(How high would Ben be on a fast V4???)

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what about when Pedrosa was complaining about the Honda being a POS that was insanely twitchy on the straights? forgotten so soon? How's Suzuki doing with their V4?
I remember the high strung Honda twitch... insanely entertaining no???

Poorly... Suzuki lack of developement is giving V4s a bad name... the best are
holding out for Honda or Ducati...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Edwards needs help, but Yamaha can't give him his old form back. That's up to him! Spies is doing just fine so stop making excuses.:woot:
True... Edwards is spring loaded to excuses... John Kocinski did fine on the RC45
but team Castrol Honda said it was up to Colin to win...

·
V4 CyclePath...
6,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your obsession with spinning reality would bring you great success as a politician
Hey I read that in a fortune cookie once...

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
your obsession with spinning reality would bring you great success as a politician
not quite, politicians are way more grounded in reality that Octofester..... He takes spin and delusion to a whole new level.....

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's funny!

Colin should check the official race time top speeds and averages for the 2010 races.

According to the Motogp speed stats, accurate to 0.1 MPH, the following is the reality of top speeds.

(Comparing the SATELLITE Yamaha of Spies or Edwards against the FASTEST bike for each event - including the works Ducatis and Hondas)

Quatar - < 2.5 MPH slower than fastest bike. Also, the fastest Yamaha!
Spain - < 2 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either works Suzuki V4
France - < 3 MPH slower than the fastest bike.
Italy - < 8 MPH slower than the fastest bike. Fastest Yamaha again! Also faster than any Honda or Suzuki V4.
British - < 4 MPH slower than fastest bike.
Assen - < 2.5 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either Suzuki V4
Catalunya - < 2 MPH slower than fastest bike. Faster than either Suzuki V4.

I'd say in terms of top speed, he doesn't have much to complain about....
These speeds aren't really that accurate when you look at where the sensors are located. Often times they are set in places that overlap braking zones by a some amount. True top speeds may vary.

In the last OTT interview Ben didn't complain about the equipment situation, but you could see in his dimeanor when asked straight up about it he was not happy at all to be getting last year's package. He has done a good job with what he has.

·
Can Afford To Be Critical
1,852 Posts
These speeds aren't really that accurate when you look at where the sensors are located. Often times they are set in places that overlap braking zones by a some amount.
It would be the same for all at any specific track.

·
Registered
13 Posts
It would be the same for all at any specific track.
Not everybody brakes in the same spot...that would be the difference.

It happens all the time in auto racing top speeds. At a couple of the tracks I frequent pretty much all the drivers head into certain turns at the same general speed, but some have to brake earlier to bleed off all that extra speed. By looking at the numbers you would think that they all go about the same top speed, but in reality some guys go as much as 10mph faster far sooner and have to brake earlier to get back down to speed to take the turn. Maybe this is a possible reason for the discrepancy?

Dunno...don't ride bikes...just suspect similarities in speed aquisition.

·
chimp on my shoulder
2,437 Posts
Not everybody brakes in the same spot...that would be the difference.

It happens all the time in auto racing top speeds. At a couple of the tracks I frequent pretty much all the drivers head into certain turns at the same general speed, but some have to brake earlier to bleed off all that extra speed. By looking at the numbers you would think that they all go about the same top speed, but in reality some guys go as much as 10mph faster far sooner and have to brake earlier to get back down to speed to take the turn. Maybe this is a possible reason for the discrepancy?

Dunno...don't ride bikes...just suspect similarities in speed aquisition.
very valid post from the newbe:clapper I find it hard to believe spies is on anything near close to equal machinery. and yes I'm humping his leg. . .he's that good.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts