Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Interesting concept...until I got to the chain.

Lord help the rider should something happen and that thing break loose.

Several years ago I was behind a control rider doing a warm up lap at Summit Point when that guy's chain separated and I had a front row seat to the event. Holed case, looked like a chain saw had been let loose on the tailpiece. In this case, the rider was lucky and OK. Took 30m to clean up T10 due to oil.

I wish these guys luck.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Finally a small volume manufacturer who doesn't sell overpriced H-D clones (is that thing possible?) or similar junk.
But there are a number of things that got me thinking.
The whole radiator concept is very interesting but you'd expect Ducati, Honda or Yamaha to have come up with something similar over the course of the years. After all it's a problem common to all water-cooled motorcycles.
The chain in that position is something that almost made me shiver, especially if the front tuck under on a right hander... given what the bike is going to cost they could have put a Kevlar-reinforced casing or something similar. A few pounds more aren't going to hurt given the claimed "dry" weight and will show people you haven't just limited yourself with wind tunnel testing.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
IMO all the compromises he is making in design to reduce drag are useful for the straight only... the moment you lean your knee and body will come out of the protected airflow. I remember Yamaha talking about reducing side drag on their M1 bike, i.e., the air resistance looking sideways at the bike to make it easy to change direction. (Note how clean the tail on the M1 is).

Also, by the time you take a concept like that make it functional (chain, steering head etc) it will not look anything like this and his final result will be close to but maybe only marginally bettter than the current bikes.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It's interesting for sure, but I think it has too many issues. First, the front suspension, it appears to be a similar style to the Vyrus. No telescopic forks and not a Hossack. This alone will relegate it to something less than a niche market. The world isn't ready to move on from tele forks. Maybe someday, but not anytime soon I think. Also, the "cut outs" for the riders legs. They sure don't seem to be adjustable in any way. I am 6'3", My buddy who I ride with frequently is 5'9". Will the cutouts magically fit both of us? Are they making fairings custom for every owner? As somebody already mentioned, the chain setup brings some questions as well. Not only does it look safe, but it is essentialy a jack shaft setup I believe. This will sap power and give extra parts to potentially fail. I Commend the guy for what he has accomplished and for thinking outside the box. Lord knows I could absolutely not do any better. However, I think if he wants to be a relevant "brand" he is going to need to rethink a few things.All that being said, I wish him luck.

I am no engineer, I have no facts to back up anything I have said. This is all just my personal opinion.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
If BMW, which sold hundreds of thousands of bikes fitted with "alternative" front suspensions, felt the need to fit telescopic forks to their S1000RR racer there must be a reason. :)

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Pictures?? ... of a real bike please.

YouTube is banned at work.
Pete

·
Voice of Reason
646 Posts
What he said. This bike was unveiled in 2007.

This year, the big unveiling was the new Brammo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts