Speedzilla Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a set of the $200 bodywork on ebay, everything mounted up very well. You have to drill your own holes but the mold was well done, the bodywork fits quite well. There is some trimming of material to be done but not to bad. The bodywork is heavier than most and a little stiff. Will it shatter on impact? Maybe, but for $200 plus shipping I couldn't be happier. The only negative is the front fender, it won't work, mine is to narrow and when you force it open to fit the mounting points it flattens out the top of the fender which forces a tire rubbing situation.

What I had to trim was the sides where it meets the frame, too much material, used a dremel to sand it down so there wouldn't be any rubbing on the frame. The tail section's opening was not big enough, could not get it on the bike. Took a half inch all the way around the opening and it went on easily. There was also too much of a lip around the snorkel opening. Pics of the mounted bodywork can be seen here;

Photos in Major664's 'bodywork' album

·
Registered
416 Posts
Not bad

Love the white!! Especially the wheels. That isn't and HRC customer bike is it? I hear they are pretty rare!! HOOVY

·
WWW.SUSPECTSUNLIMITED.COM
278 Posts
I think i have the same body work as you....Yoshimitsu? it was around $200 not including shipping on ebay. anyway Ive put about 10 trackdays on the bodywork and its just starting to stress crack in some non critical areas. overall a good value. Does require a few hours of fitting.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.