Speedzilla Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Yeah but look where it is being sold...price actaully makes sense. It is only in the states where we get great bikes for dirt cheap, everyone else pays through the nose...seriously!!

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but look where it is being sold...price actaully makes sense. It is only in the states where we get great bikes for dirt cheap, everyone else pays through the nose...seriously!!
Thanks for chiming in Glenn,I did notice the location but can anyone explain what makes this so ... Is it import taxes or global economy variations I still don't get -it :confused:

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Thanks for chiming in Glenn,I did notice the location but can anyone explain what makes this so ... Is it import taxes or global economy variations I still don't get -it :confused:
That black SP model was really quite rare in Europe, even more so in the US.

I guess we get economy of scale here, but in Europe a new CBR is 15,000 Euro...thats a lot in US dollars, same thing in Australia, new CBR is something like 18000 Aussie dollars!

Bikes are CHEAP in America!! :rockon

·
:rolleyes
305 Posts
As an added bonus, if you lowside and happen to slide into a field in the USA, the chances of it being an old minefield are greatly diminished. :eek:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Triple Tree???

Anybody notice the silver triple tree top. That looks strange, never seen that on an 05 or 06. :twocents HOOVY

·
Registered
6,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
That black SP model was really quite rare in Europe, even more so in the US.

My '03 was HALF that amount with 500 miles :wacky :confused: :D

·
Denmark
512 Posts
That's nothing, I paid 24,000 USD for my 8 year old, 32.000km, SP1, when I got it.

And as an added bonus, every time I order a new part for it that's sold overseas, I pay 30 USD customs handling fee, and 30% tax of the package value (incl. shipping:banghead )

But I do get free healthcare if I crash it into a tree:rockon

·
Member (Large)
2,533 Posts
That's nothing, I paid 24,000 USD for my 8 year old, 32.000km, SP1, when I got it.

And as an added bonus, every time I order a new part for it that's sold overseas, I pay 30 USD customs handling fee, and 30% tax of the package value (incl. shipping:banghead )

But I do get free healthcare if I crash it into a tree:rockon
Good god that's a lot. I would think it would be cheaper to buy a bike overseas and import it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts